Monarchs Dominate Admirals, 5-1
NORFOLK, Va. - The Manchester Monarchs scored early and often, defeating the Norfolk Admirals, 5-1, Wednesday night at the Norfolk Scope.
The Monarchs (9-9-1-1) scored five straight goals on their way to a 5-1 win over the Admirals (12-8-1-1).
The Monarchs started the scoring at 5:37 of the first period, on the fourth goal of the season by Cory Ward. Chris Carlisle took a shot from the blue line, that was stopped in front, where Ward gathered the rebound and lifted a shot past Admirals goaltender, Ty Reichenbach, to make the score, 1-0.
Manchester extended their lead at 16:33 of the first period, on the sixth goal of the season by Joe Pendenza. Pendenza brought the puck from behind the net and centered a pass, that deflected off a body in front, right back to Pendenza's stick, who ripped a shot past the blocker of Reichenbach, to make the score, 2-0.
Manchester made it a three-goal game at 19:59 of the first period, on the ninth goal of the season by Nic Pierog. After a faceoff win with 3.5 seconds left in the period, Craig Wyszomirski wristed a shot on goal, where the rebound popped out to Pierog in the slot, who buried a shot past Reichenbach, making the score 3-0.
The Monarchs added to their lead at 6:17 of the second period on the second goal of the game and fifth of the season for Cory Ward. Jack Nevins centered a pass from behind the net, to Ward in the high-slot, where he snuck a shot under the arm of Reichenbach, to make the score, 4-0.
Manchester made it a five-goal game at 17:02 of the second period, on the third goal of the season by Joe Sullivan. Cory Ward took a shot off the post, that bounced to Sullivan at the left post, where he potted the puck into the net, to give the Monarchs a 5-0 lead.
The Admirals got on the board at :54 of the third period on the fifth goal of the season by Ben Duffy. Patrick D'Amico circled behind the net, sending a pass to the slot for Duffy, who slide a shot through the legs of Monarchs goaltender, Chris Driedger, to make to score, 5-1.
The Monarchs return to action Friday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m., when they take on the Norfolk Admirals at Scope Arena. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
Images from this story
Joe Pendenza of the Manchester Monarchs scores against the Norfolk Admirals
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 5, 2018
- Appleby Stops 45 Shots in Loss to Florida - Jacksonville IceMen
- Admirals Unbeaten Streak Ends with Loss to Manchester - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Use Three Straight Goals to Sink Mariners 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Can't Complete Rally at Adirondack - Maine Mariners
- Railers Tie Score with Five Seconds Left But Fall in OT 3-2 to Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Solar Bears Teddy Bear Toss Set for Friday, December 21 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Monarchs Dominate Admirals, 5-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Cyclones Have Successful Matinee Fishing Trip to Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Elgin Pearce Assigned to Steelheads from AHL Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Gasper Kopitar Announces Retirement - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - December 5 - ECHL
- Jam Packed Homestand Highlighted by Marvel Super Hero Night - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Honor Heroes Friday with Sport Clips Military Night - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 5, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Stingrays Teddy Bear Toss Returns this Saturday - South Carolina Stingrays
- Michael Garteig Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Newfoundland Growlers
- Taylor Signs PTO with San Antonio - Kalamazoo Wings
- Newfoundland's Garteig Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Tulsa's Fitzpatrick Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Evan Fitzpatrick Wins ECHL Rookie of the Month - Tulsa Oilers
- Pasquale Becomes 21st Gladiator to Play in the NHL - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stukel, Cuddemi Push Wichita Past Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Snap Skid with Shootout Triumph over Kansas City - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.