Cyclones Have Successful Matinee Fishing Trip to Toledo
Toledo, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones (14-5-2-1) collected a 3-1 win over the Toledo Walleye on Wednesday morning. Defenseman Devante Stephens led the way with a pair of goals while forward Jesse Schultz chipped in one for the Cyclones, who are now standing atop the Central Division standings.
The Cyclones took a 1-0 lead 4:10 into the opening period when Schultz sent a shot through the legs of Walleye netminder Pat Nagle that looked to be stopped on the goal line by Toledo defenseman Matt Register. The goal was sent to a video review, and it was determined that the puck did cross the goal line to put Cincinnati on top.
The Walleye evened the game up with less than five to play in the first when forward Trevor Yates found the back of the net to tie the game, 1-1, after 20 minutes.
In the second, the Cyclones regained the lead late in the period when Stephens threw a shot on net that found its way through traffic and in to put Cincinnati on top, 2-1, through two periods.
In the third, the Cyclones put the game out of reach just 1:17 in when Stephens launched another seeing-eye shot from the high slot the wound up behind Nagle, sending Cincinnati to a 3-1 lead and the eventual win.
The Cyclones were outshot by the Walleye, 32-30, with goaltender Michael Houser stopping 31 in the win. Cincinnati concludes their two-game trip on Sunday afternoon in Kalamazoo against the Wings. Face-off is slated for 3:05pm ET.
The 2018-19 season is HERE, and the Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride! Single game, Group, and Season Tickets are on sale NOW by calling (513) 421-PUCK! Stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 5, 2018
- Appleby Stops 45 Shots in Loss to Florida - Jacksonville IceMen
- Admirals Unbeaten Streak Ends with Loss to Manchester - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Use Three Straight Goals to Sink Mariners 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Can't Complete Rally at Adirondack - Maine Mariners
- Railers Tie Score with Five Seconds Left But Fall in OT 3-2 to Beast - Worcester Railers HC
- Solar Bears Teddy Bear Toss Set for Friday, December 21 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Monarchs Dominate Admirals, 5-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Cyclones Have Successful Matinee Fishing Trip to Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Elgin Pearce Assigned to Steelheads from AHL Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Gasper Kopitar Announces Retirement - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - December 5 - ECHL
- Jam Packed Homestand Highlighted by Marvel Super Hero Night - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Honor Heroes Friday with Sport Clips Military Night - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Monarchs at Admirals, December 5, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Stingrays Teddy Bear Toss Returns this Saturday - South Carolina Stingrays
- Michael Garteig Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Newfoundland Growlers
- Taylor Signs PTO with San Antonio - Kalamazoo Wings
- Newfoundland's Garteig Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Tulsa's Fitzpatrick Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Evan Fitzpatrick Wins ECHL Rookie of the Month - Tulsa Oilers
- Pasquale Becomes 21st Gladiator to Play in the NHL - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stukel, Cuddemi Push Wichita Past Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Fuel Snap Skid with Shootout Triumph over Kansas City - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.