Six Bees Homers Doom Chihuahuas
The Salt Lake Bees hit six home runs in their 12-5 win over the El Paso Chihuahuas Friday night at Smith's Ballpark. The two teams have split the first two games of the series. The loss ended El Paso's six-game winning streak.
The Bees sent nine batters to the plate in the first inning against El Paso starter Dietrich Enns, who was pulled after two-thirds of an inning, his shortest outing of the year. Salt Lake's Michael Hermosillo hit three home runs in the first four innings before going hitless in his final two at-bats of the game.
Chihuahuas outfielder Michael Gettys went 2-for-4 with a solo home run, his 30th homer of the season, tying Hunter Renfroe's single-season team record that was set in 2016. San Diego Padres reliever Robert Stock allowed two runs in a one-inning MLB injury rehab outing. Tyler Higgins threw two scoreless innings and hasn't allowed a run or hit in his last five innings of work.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-bees/2019/08/16/580321#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=580321
Team Records: El Paso (72-51), Salt Lake (52-71)
Next Game: Saturday, 6:35 pm at Smith's Ballpark. El Paso RHP Emmanuel Ramirez (2-1, 12.18) vs. Salt Lake RHP Nick Tropeano (2-6, 6.44). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 17, 2019
- Sounds Top Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Snap Skid with 13-Inning Walk-Off Victory - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Fall in 13 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Chihuahuas' Rally Comes up Short - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Win Back to Back - Salt Lake Bees
- Garcia's Walk-Off Homer Gives Redbirds Series Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Spoils Iowa's Early Lead - Iowa Cubs
- Federowicz' Go-Ahead Home Run Wins It for Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Can't Catch Up to Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Blank Dodgers 2-0 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (55-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-71) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (57-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-57) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Returning to Haunt An Old Friend - San Antonio Missions
- River Cats Provide the Fireworks Friday Night - Reno Aces
- Davis belts three homers as River Cats cruise to victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Take Second in a Row from Aviators - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies can't bear the cold, lose 8-1 to Rainiers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Pile on Six in Seventh Inning to Take Second-Straight against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Six Bees Homers Doom Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Hermosillo Hits Three Homers in Bees Win - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- Southwest University Park to Host Movie Night at the Ballpark Presented by Texas Gas Service
- Chihuahuas to Host First Virtual 9-1-5K Presented by Texas Gas Service
- Chihuahuas and Locomotive Front Office Staffs to Offer Support to Area Non-Profit Organizations
- Announcement Regarding 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Chihuahuas to Host Father's Day Catch on the Field Presented by Bank of America