Hermosillo Hits Three Homers in Bees Win
SALT LAKE CITY - Michael Hermosillo's three-home run game helped the Salt Lake Bees beat the El Paso Chihuahuas 12-5 on Friday night in front of 11,176 fans at Smith's Ballpark.
In the bottom of the first inning, the Bees batted around and plated six runs on five hits which included three home runs. The scoring run began with Justin Bour and Michael Hermosillo hitting back-to-back home runs followed by an RBI-double from Jarrett Parker and a two-run homer by Erick Salcedo. After El Paso responded in the second inning with two runs, the Bees posted four runs of their own in the bottom of the frame as Hermosillo hit his second home run of the game and Parker hit a two-run shot to put Salt Lake up 10-2. Salt Lake produced two more runs in the fourth as Hermosillo belted his third home run of the night on a solo shot and Parker collected an RBI-single to extend the Bees lead 12-3. The Chihuahuas brought in two runs in the sixth, but it was not enough as the Bees took game two of the series and snapped a five-game skid.
Drew Hutchison (1-0) made the start for Salt Lake and earned the win after allowing five runs on 10 hits while walking one and striking out one batter over five innings. Keynan Middleton relieved Hutchison and tossed a scoreless inning as he continued his MLB rehab assignment. Zac Ryan and two-way player Jared Walsh each threw a scoreless frame to help the Bees close out the victory. Hermosillo highlighted the Bees offense after tallying three of the team's six homers and registering four RBI. Salcedo hit the Bees 200th home run of the season in the first inning as it was his first Triple-A home run of his career.
The Bees celebrate Princess Night on Saturday night at the ballpark with fireworks postgame. First pitch is scheduled at 6:35 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 17, 2019
- Sounds Top Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Snap Skid with 13-Inning Walk-Off Victory - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Fall in 13 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Chihuahuas' Rally Comes up Short - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Win Back to Back - Salt Lake Bees
- Garcia's Walk-Off Homer Gives Redbirds Series Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Spoils Iowa's Early Lead - Iowa Cubs
- Federowicz' Go-Ahead Home Run Wins It for Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Can't Catch Up to Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Blank Dodgers 2-0 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (55-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-71) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (57-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-57) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Returning to Haunt An Old Friend - San Antonio Missions
- River Cats Provide the Fireworks Friday Night - Reno Aces
- Davis belts three homers as River Cats cruise to victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Take Second in a Row from Aviators - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies can't bear the cold, lose 8-1 to Rainiers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Pile on Six in Seventh Inning to Take Second-Straight against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Six Bees Homers Doom Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Hermosillo Hits Three Homers in Bees Win - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.