Rainiers Pile on Six in Seventh Inning to Take Second-Straight against Fresno
Tacoma, WA - Jaycob Brugman capped a six-run seventh inning rally with a two-run bomb to right field as the Tacoma Rainiers defeated the Fresno Grizzlies for their second-straight victory on Friday at Cheney Stadium, 8-1.
Tacoma (55-68) loaded the bases in the bottom of the seventh before John Andreoli doubled home Kelby Tomlinson and Daniel Castro. One batter later, Jake Fraley singled home Chris Mariscal and Andreoli for a pair of insurance runs.
Since being reactivated from the Injured List on August 12, Fraley has collected at least one hit in each of his four games back with Tacoma, going 6-for-15 with a home run.
After a fly out, Brugman cranked his team-leading 17th home run to give the Rainiers a seven-run edge.
Catcher Jordan Pacheco put the first run of the game on the board in the bottom of the second when he lifted a solo blast to left-center field, his first with Tacoma. An inning later, Mariscal crossed to extend the lead, 2-0, when Fresno (55-68) pitcher Ben Braymer dropped a toss from the shortstop Carter Kieboom while trying to cover first base on a potential double play.
In his first home start since spinning eight hitless innings against the Iowa Cubs on August 4, southpaw Anthony Misiewicz (7-6) went five frames of one-run ball with six strikeouts, claiming his seventh win of the campaign. The 24-year-old has given up just three earned runs in 19 innings over his last three outings at Cheney Stadium.
Ryan Garton relieved Misiewicz in the sixth and tossed two innings of perfect baseball before righty Brian Ellington dealt a scoreless eighth. Matt Carasiti slammed the door with a scoreless ninth.
Tacoma's back-to-back victories mark their first consecutive wins since July 12-14 against the Reno Aces at home.
The Rainiers will play for a series win against the Grizzlies on Saturday at Cheney Stadium. Tacoma will roll out southpaw Sean Nolin (4-2, 5.15) to face Fresno right-hander Will Crowe (0-2, 5.25) for a 7:05 p.m. PDT start. Mike Curto will have full coverage on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), on Instagram (@tacomarainiers), or by liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
John Andreoli of the Tacoma Rainiers
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 17, 2019
- Sounds Top Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Snap Skid with 13-Inning Walk-Off Victory - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Fall in 13 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Chihuahuas' Rally Comes up Short - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Win Back to Back - Salt Lake Bees
- Garcia's Walk-Off Homer Gives Redbirds Series Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Spoils Iowa's Early Lead - Iowa Cubs
- Federowicz' Go-Ahead Home Run Wins It for Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Can't Catch Up to Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Blank Dodgers 2-0 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (55-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-71) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (57-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-57) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Returning to Haunt An Old Friend - San Antonio Missions
- River Cats Provide the Fireworks Friday Night - Reno Aces
- Davis belts three homers as River Cats cruise to victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Take Second in a Row from Aviators - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies can't bear the cold, lose 8-1 to Rainiers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Pile on Six in Seventh Inning to Take Second-Straight against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Six Bees Homers Doom Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Hermosillo Hits Three Homers in Bees Win - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale
- Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators
- Misiewicz Dominant to Propel Rainiers to Second-Straight Win in Las Vegas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers
- Brugman Plates Four, Rainiers Drop Series Finale to Fresno