Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes
San Antonio Missions (72-51) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (67-54)
Game #124/Home Game #65
Saturday, August 17, 7:05 p.m.
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Thomas Jankins (10-3, 4.35) vs. RHP Robert Dugger (2-4, 9.15)
Jankins Feeling at Home: Missions starter Thomas Jankins has adjusted well to life in San Antonio and pitching at Nelson Wolff Stadium. He holds a 7-1 record with a 4.16 ERA in 12 games (11 starts) in San Antonio this season. The right-hander is currently on a seven-game home winning streak with his only home loss coming on April 28 against Oklahoma City. His seven home wins leads the Missions pitching staff. Aaron Wilkerson is in second with four wins. His 4.16 home ERA is the third best as far as Missions starters at home this season. Wilkerson (2.95) and Shelby Miller (3.86) hold the top spots.
Don't Run On 'Em: Left fielder Troy Stokes Jr. gunned down a runner on the base paths in Thursday's series opener and Tyrone Taylor did the same last night. It was the third time this season the Missions have recorded an outfield assist in back-to-back games. Taylor and Nate Orf did so on May 2-3 and Taylor accomplished the feat on his own as he picked up outfield assists on August 3-4 against Fresno.
Nelson's Hot Streak: After pitching two scoreless innings in last night's game, Missions reliever Jimmy Nelson has pitched four consecutive scoreless outings dating back to August 2. Over that stretch, he has pitched 5.2 innings, allowed one hit, three walks, and 12 strikeouts. He is holding opposing hitters to an .056 average during this span with a WHIP of 0.71.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 17, 2019
- Sounds Top Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Snap Skid with 13-Inning Walk-Off Victory - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Fall in 13 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Chihuahuas' Rally Comes up Short - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Win Back to Back - Salt Lake Bees
- Garcia's Walk-Off Homer Gives Redbirds Series Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Spoils Iowa's Early Lead - Iowa Cubs
- Federowicz' Go-Ahead Home Run Wins It for Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Can't Catch Up to Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Blank Dodgers 2-0 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (55-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-71) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (57-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-57) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Returning to Haunt An Old Friend - San Antonio Missions
- River Cats Provide the Fireworks Friday Night - Reno Aces
- Davis belts three homers as River Cats cruise to victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Take Second in a Row from Aviators - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies can't bear the cold, lose 8-1 to Rainiers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Pile on Six in Seventh Inning to Take Second-Straight against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Six Bees Homers Doom Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Hermosillo Hits Three Homers in Bees Win - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- San Antonio Missions Announce 2020 Schedule
- Former Missions Outfielder Trent Grisham Named Milwaukee Brewers Minor League Player of the Year
- 2019 Season Review
- Sorting out Bittersweet Memories
- Missions Catcher David Freitas Wins Pacific Coast League Batting Title