Game Notes vs. Sacramento
After dropping game two of the series, the Aces will look to rebound with Bradin Hagens on the hill. He's made two starts this season and made 18 appearances for Reno overall entering the game with a 3-0 record and 5.67 ERA. He has two starts and one outing in relief against the River Cats over his professional baseball career. Hagens made two starts in 2014 against Sacramento going 0-1 over 10.2 innings pitched while allowing six earned runs on 10 hits. In 2018, the righty made an appearance out of the bullpen versus the club throwing three scoreless innings. His career ERA against the River Cats is 3.95. Sac Town will look for a game-three victory with Conner Menez toeing the rubber. The lefty last faced Reno on July 6 at Greater Nevada Field earning a win against the Aces throwing six scoreless innings while scattering three hits. The Aces trail the River Cats by seven games in the division with 18 games left but still six head-to-head contests scheduled in 2019.
Firefighters & Wildland Firefighters Appreciation Night
We're partnering with the Wildland Firefighters, who battle wild fires across the West of the country, on this night to celebrate an honor their hard work & sacrifice. | Presented By The Row, Coors Banquet & KOLO 8 News Now
Kids Run the Bases
All kids in attendance are invited to stay after the game to run the bases and high-five Archie at home plate! | Presented By My Kid's Smile & KTVN 2 News
The Arizona Diamondbacks recalled pitchers Joel Payamps and Taylor Clarke prior to tonight's game. Clarke is scheduled to start against the San Francisco Giants tonight in Arizona. For Payamps, it is his first Major League call up! The righty from the Dominican Republic was 2-2 with a 4.21 ERA over 36.1 innings pitched and seven starts for the Aces prior to his call up. Hitters batted .259 this season off Payamps and he held a 1.38 WHIP. His best start came on August 1 when he went seven innings in a win against the Iowa Cubs allowing just one run on one hit.
Welcome Back: The Aces welcomed back Tim Locastro and Caleb Joseph back into their lineup yesterday. It was Locastro's first game for Reno since May 22 after nearly three months with Arizona. It was Joseph's first game since July 15 after a stint on the injured list. Locastro went 2-for-5 yesterday with a run scored while Joseph went 2-for-4 with two RBIs.
Yastrzemski: Not only will the River Cats and Aces be squaring off tonight in game three of the series, but so will the San Francisco Giants and Arizona Diamondbacks. The Giants have taken both games of the four-game set so far in Arizona. Rookie outfielder Mike Yastrzemski went deep three times including the eventual game winning homer in extra innings during the Giants' 10-9 win Friday. He now has 16 on the season. With Yaz's first three-homer performance, he matched his Hall of Fame grandfather, Carl Yastrzemski in career three home run games. Since Mike Yastrzemski's first dinger on May 31, he has more homers than some of the best in the game; Javy Baez (15), Nolan Arenado (13), Mookie Betts (12), and Alex Bregman (12). The lefty batted .308 over four games against the Aces this season with two solo homers and three runs scored.
On This Date in Aces History (2012): Current Cincinnati Red, Trevor Bauer, threw a complete game in a win against the Round Rock Express allowing two runs on five hits and striking out 12 batters in the process. It was his career high for strikeouts in a game until he sat down 13 Toronto Blue Jays in 2016. His career high increased in 2017 when he struck out 14 Oakland Athletics. Reno went on to win the Pacific Coast League championship in 2012.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 17, 2019
- Sounds Top Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Snap Skid with 13-Inning Walk-Off Victory - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Fall in 13 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Chihuahuas' Rally Comes up Short - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Win Back to Back - Salt Lake Bees
- Garcia's Walk-Off Homer Gives Redbirds Series Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Spoils Iowa's Early Lead - Iowa Cubs
- Federowicz' Go-Ahead Home Run Wins It for Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Can't Catch Up to Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Blank Dodgers 2-0 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (55-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-71) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (57-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-57) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Returning to Haunt An Old Friend - San Antonio Missions
- River Cats Provide the Fireworks Friday Night - Reno Aces
- Davis belts three homers as River Cats cruise to victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Take Second in a Row from Aviators - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies can't bear the cold, lose 8-1 to Rainiers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Pile on Six in Seventh Inning to Take Second-Straight against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Six Bees Homers Doom Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Hermosillo Hits Three Homers in Bees Win - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.