Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (55-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-71)
Game #122: Nashville Sounds (55-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-71)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Seth Maness (7-4, 5.85) vs. LHP Foster Griffin (7-5, 5.43)
First Pitch: 7:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
Vanderbilt Baseball Head Coach Tim Corbin to throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Vanderbilt's National Championship trophy will be on display throughout the game.
Enjoy Saturday at the Park with visits to The Band Box and our Family Fun Zone in the right field corner.
Woodstock Weekend - Celebrate Woodstock's 50th anniversary at First Tennessee Park with in-game music entertainment, summer festival vibes and the Sounds sporting specialty Woodstock jerseys. Fans can purchase the Woodstock Bundle that includes a General Admission ticket, Frito-Lay Munchies and brownie combo platter, and one frozen specialty drink (offered only at The Band Box) for $30. The Woodstock Bundle is available by advance sale and online only.
Woodstock Jersey Auction - The online and mobile auction will begin at 9:00 a.m. and finish at the end of the sixth inning. Winning bidders in-ballpark will receive their game-worn signed jersey on the field post-game. All proceeds benefit the Nashville Sounds Foundation.
From the Notes
Griffin vs. Nashville: Foster Griffin pitched against Nashville back on April 30 and earned the win in a 9-4 Omaha victory. He threw 6.0 innings, allowing 2 runs on 6 hits and 2 walks while striking out 7 batters. Active Sounds hitters performed as such against Griffin: Jett Bandy, 0-3; Matt Davidson, 1-2, HR, RBI, BB, K; Zack Granite, 1-2, K; Andy Ibáñez, 0-3; Eli White, 1-3, K; Patrick Wisdom, 0-2, BB, K.
Guzmán Goes Yard: First baseman Ronald Guzmán launched his fourth home run of the season to left-center in last night's victory. Guzmán finds himself in a good zone in the month of August, hitting .311 (17-for-52) with 10 runs, 3 doubles, 3 home runs, 8 RBI and 6 walks in 13 games. He has hit safely in 11 of the games and has recorded four multi-hit games.
Ibáñez On-Base Streak: Infielder Andy Ibáñez has reached base safely in 16-straight games, dating back to July 24. That's good for the 5th-longest on-base streak among active PCL hitters. In the streak, he's hitting .407 (24-for-59) with 17 runs, 6 doubles, 4 home runs, 15 RBI and 14 walks. Hit on-base percentage is .514, ranking 2nd in the PCL in that timeframe behind David Freitas (.518) of San Antonio.
Petrifying Petricka: Reliever Jake Petricka has found himself in the primary closer role for the Sounds since reliever David Carpenter was selected by Texas. In the month of August, Petricka has three saves in six games, allowing a 1.42 ERA (6.1 IP/1 ER). His hot streak extends back to July 21, where he still allowed a 0.79 ERA (11.1 IP/1 ER) in 10 relief outings.
What's the word around Nashville?
Nashville Sounds Foundation (@soundscommunity)
Guess who's joining us @FirstTNPark for Sunday Family Fun Day...
The #1 New York Times bestselling, crime-biting canine who is part dog, part man, and ALL HERO... Dav Pilkey's #DogMan!
Come meet him & catch your @nashvillesounds tomorrow, August 18! #DoGood
Minor League Promos (@MiLBPromos)
Woodstock Weekend continues at the @nashvillesounds tonight. Join them in celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the music festival
Jeff Hem (@JeffHemPBP)
James Jones' @nashvillesounds debut was a 1-2-3 8th inning on 9 pitches, 6 strikes. He joined the bullpen today from @RidersBaseball taking Ian Gibaut's spot. #Rangers
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 17, 2019
- Sounds Top Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Snap Skid with 13-Inning Walk-Off Victory - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Fall in 13 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Chihuahuas' Rally Comes up Short - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Win Back to Back - Salt Lake Bees
- Garcia's Walk-Off Homer Gives Redbirds Series Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Spoils Iowa's Early Lead - Iowa Cubs
- Federowicz' Go-Ahead Home Run Wins It for Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Can't Catch Up to Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Blank Dodgers 2-0 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (55-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-71) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (57-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-57) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Returning to Haunt An Old Friend - San Antonio Missions
- River Cats Provide the Fireworks Friday Night - Reno Aces
- Davis belts three homers as River Cats cruise to victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Take Second in a Row from Aviators - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies can't bear the cold, lose 8-1 to Rainiers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Pile on Six in Seventh Inning to Take Second-Straight against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Six Bees Homers Doom Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Hermosillo Hits Three Homers in Bees Win - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds to Host Blood Drive at First Horizon Park
- Nashville Sounds Announce Season Ticket Member Deposit Campaign for 2021 Season
- Nashville Sounds Announce Virtual 5K Run Presented by First Horizon
- Nashville Sounds to Open First Horizon Park for Private Batting Practice Groups
- Nashville Sounds Issue Statement on 2020 Alternate Season at First Horizon Park