River Cats Provide the Fireworks Friday Night
Reno, NV. - The Aces dropped the second game of a four-game series against the Sacramento River Cats, losing 17-7. Sacramento took an early three-run lead in the top of the first, thanks in part to the first of Jaylin Davis' three home runs. Sacramento came back in the second to score two, due to Jaylin Davis' second home run. Reno answered with three runs of their own, bringing the score to 5-3 by the bottom half of the frame thanks to a Carlos Asuaje two-RBI triple and Matt Koch sacrifice fly. Sacramento tacked on two more in the third and fourth, including Davis' third home run, with Reno scoring just once thanks to Kevin Cron's 37th home run of the season. The Aces made it 7-6 by the bottom of the sixth courtesy of a Domingo Leyba RBI and a run-scoring wild pitch. However, Sacramento got to the Reno bullpen and added five insurance runs in the eighth and five more in the ninth to take the victory. The Aces will face off against Sacramento tomorrow at 7:05 p.m. for the third of a four-game set at Greater Nevada Field.
Top Performers - Reno
Kevin Cron (3-for-5, HR, RBI, 2 R)
Carlos Asuaje (1-for-4, 3B, RBI)
Tim Locastro (2-for-5, R)
Top Performers - Sacramento
Jaylin Davis (3-for-5, 3 HR, 4 R, 5 RBI)
Chris Shaw (3-for-6, HR, 3 RBI, 3 R)
Abiatal Avelino (2-for-5, HR, 6 RBI)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) (PT) RADIO/TV
Saturday August 17 Sacramento RHP Joel Payamps vs. TBD 7:05 p.m. KPLY 630 AM
Notes & Information
Welcome Back: The Aces welcomed back Tim Locastro and Caleb Joseph into their lineup tonight. It was Locastro's first game for Reno since May 22 after three months with Arizona. It was Joseph's first game since July 15. Locastro went 2-for-5 tonight with a run scored. Joseph went 2-for-4 with two RBIs.
Sacramento Lumber: Sacramento has the highest two single-game run totals against the Aces this season. On July 7, they beat the club 21-7. Tonight, they scored 17 runs.
Division Watch: Sacramento extended their Pacific Northern division lead back to seven games tonight. There are 18 games remaining in the season for both clubs and six head-to-head matchups left.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 17, 2019
- Sounds Top Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Snap Skid with 13-Inning Walk-Off Victory - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Fall in 13 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Chihuahuas' Rally Comes up Short - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Win Back to Back - Salt Lake Bees
- Garcia's Walk-Off Homer Gives Redbirds Series Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Spoils Iowa's Early Lead - Iowa Cubs
- Federowicz' Go-Ahead Home Run Wins It for Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Can't Catch Up to Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Blank Dodgers 2-0 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (55-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-71) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (57-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-57) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Returning to Haunt An Old Friend - San Antonio Missions
- River Cats Provide the Fireworks Friday Night - Reno Aces
- Davis belts three homers as River Cats cruise to victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Take Second in a Row from Aviators - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies can't bear the cold, lose 8-1 to Rainiers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Pile on Six in Seventh Inning to Take Second-Straight against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Six Bees Homers Doom Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Hermosillo Hits Three Homers in Bees Win - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Food Bank of Northern Nevada