Davis belts three homers as River Cats cruise to victory
RENO, Nev. - The Sacramento River Cats (65-58) cruised to a big 17-7 win over the Reno Aces (58-65) on Friday night thanks to a 19-hit outburst and highlighted by three home runs from outfielder Jaylin Davis.
Davis was the main attraction in the Biggest Little City on Friday night, homering in his first three at-bats en route to a huge night at the plate. He finished the contest 3-for-5 with homers four, five, and six for the River Cats this season, plus a walk, four runs scored, and five runs batted-in.
The big night from Davis somewhat overshadowed a handful of other exceptional performances from the River Cats offense. Catcher Aramis Garcia went 4-for-5, including a double and hit-by-pitch, outfielder Chris Shaw picked up three hits with a homer and three RBI, and shortstop Abiatal Avelino had a two-hit night with a homer and six RBI. Cristhian Adames had the other three-hit game for Sacramento, finishing 3-for-4 with two runs and an RBI.
It will be left-hander Conner Menez (2-0, 4.06) taking the hill for the River Cats after having his initial start in this series bumped back a day. Reno will give righty Joel Payamps (2-2, 4.21) the nod for game three of four. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m. (PT). Listen to all of the action live online at rivercats.com, on the MiLB First Pitch app, and on Money 105.5 FM.
Jaylin Davis launched three home runs to tie the River Cats single game home run mark. Mac Williamson also smashed three home runs on May 6 of the season against Reno. Davis became the ninth River Cat to hit three homers in a game.
Right-hander Tyler Rogers picked up his first career hit and first career run batted in, going to the opposite field with a line-drive single to right field in the eighth inning.
The Sacramento River Cats are the Triple-A affiliate of the three-time World Champion -San Francisco Giants. The team plays at Raley Field in West Sacramento, consistently voted one of the top ballparks in America. Season Tickets, Mini-Plans, and Flex Plans can be purchased for the River Cats' 20th season by calling the River Cats Ticket Hotline at (916) 371-HITS (4487). The only place to guarantee official River Cats tickets is at www.rivercats.com. For information on other events at Raley Field, visit www.raleyfield.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 17, 2019
- Sounds Top Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Snap Skid with 13-Inning Walk-Off Victory - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Fall in 13 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Chihuahuas' Rally Comes up Short - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Win Back to Back - Salt Lake Bees
- Garcia's Walk-Off Homer Gives Redbirds Series Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Spoils Iowa's Early Lead - Iowa Cubs
- Federowicz' Go-Ahead Home Run Wins It for Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Can't Catch Up to Express - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Blank Dodgers 2-0 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (55-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-71) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (57-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-57) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Returning to Haunt An Old Friend - San Antonio Missions
- River Cats Provide the Fireworks Friday Night - Reno Aces
- Davis belts three homers as River Cats cruise to victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Take Second in a Row from Aviators - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies can't bear the cold, lose 8-1 to Rainiers - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Pile on Six in Seventh Inning to Take Second-Straight against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Six Bees Homers Doom Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Hermosillo Hits Three Homers in Bees Win - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento River Cats Stories
- River Cats Announce 2019 Triple-A Championship Ring Design
- Full 2020 Sacramento River Cats Schedule Now Available
- Sacramento River Cats 2019 End of Season Notes
- River Cats finish 2019 season as Triple-A National Champions
- River Cats sweep Express to capture PCL Championship