Senators Work out of Jams, Win 2-1
The Senators made it two straight wins over Erie with a 2-1 win. Erie scored their lone run in the first inning to take a 1-0 lead. Erie went 1-for-13 with runners in scoring position and stranded eight runners. Meanwhile the Sens tied the game in the fourth when Luis Garcia's fly ball to the fence in center field was lost in the twilight resulting in a triple. He scored on a sac fly. Harrisburg then took the lead with a run in the sixth. Harrisburg's bullpen combined to retire the final 11 Erie batters.
On Capitol Hill
Kevin McGowan started and pitched the first five innings. He allowed four hits and a run while walking two and striking out five. He took a no-decision.
Jordan Mills worked into and out of trouble in his one inning of work. With one out he struck out the leadoff batter then a walk, hit batter and an error to load the bases. He finished with back-to-back strikeouts. With his scoreless inning of work, he was rewarded with the win.
Jhonatan German pitched two perfect innings to earn his first hold.
Aaron Barrett retired the side in order in the ninth inning to earn his 29th save.
With the Gavel
Adrian Sanchez had two hits and drove in both Senators runs.
Luis Garcia had the only other Senators hit, a triple in the fourth inning. He eventually scored the Sens first run on a sac fly off the bat of Sanchez.
The Senators had just five base runners but made the most of them.
- This is only regular season meeting between the teams at FNB Field.
- With Bowie's loss, Erie's lead over Bowie is 1 game with 10 games to play .
- The five-game winning streak is the Sens longest since winning five straight 7/21-7/75 against Portland and New Hampshire.
The Senators play the Erie SeaWolves Saturday night at 6 p.m. at FNB Field. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 5:50 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 23, 2019
- RubberDucks Again Go 10 to Top Squirrels - Akron RubberDucks
- 'Dogs Pitchers Fan 17 in a 4-2 Loss to Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Ponies Blanked by Cats in Pitcher's Duel - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Late Comeback Holds up in 4-2 Thunder Victory - Trenton Thunder
- Squirrels Fall to Ducks in Extras for Second Straight Night - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Spanberger's Single Wins It for Fisher Cats in 11 Innings - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- First Place 'Wolves Fall to Senators on Friday - Erie SeaWolves
- Brady Goes the Distance and Blanks Baysox - Altoona Curve
- Senators Work out of Jams, Win 2-1 - Harrisburg Senators
- Williams Homers, Fightins Fall 6-2 at Hartford - Reading Fightin Phils
- Curve Halt Baysox, 7-0 - Bowie Baysox
- Serven and the Boz Keep Goats' Hopes Alive - Hartford Yard Goats
- Erie SeaWolves at Harrisburg Senators - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Bowie Baysox and Guardian Protection to Donate to Family Crisis Center of Prince George's County - Bowie Baysox
- Zac Lowther Named EL Postseason All-Star - Bowie Baysox
- Chatham and Dalbec Named League All-Stars - Portland Sea Dogs
- Chris Gittens Named to Season Ending Eastern League All-Star Team - Trenton Thunder
- Santiago Espinal Voted to Full Season All-Star Team - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Oliva Garners All-Eastern League Honors - Altoona Curve
- Moniak, Hall Named Eastern League Season-Ending All-Stars - Reading Fightin Phils
- Mazeika Named to 2019 Eastern League Season-Ending All-Star Team - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Three SeaWolves Named Eastern League Season-Ending All-Stars - Erie SeaWolves
- 2019 Eastern League All-Star Team Announced - EL
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #129: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (26-38, 61-67) at New Hampshire Fisher Cats (28-34, 59-70) - 7:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 23rd vs. Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Curve Set for Final Home Games of 2019 - Altoona Curve
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.