Chatham and Dalbec Named League All-Stars
Portland, Maine - Portland Sea Dogs infielders C.J. Chatham and Bobby Dalbec have been selected as Eastern League Postseason All-Stars, announced by the league office on Friday afternoon.
Chatham is leading the Eastern League with a .297 (104-for-350) and hit three homers, 26 doubles, and 36 RBI in 90 games with the Sea Dogs. On August 13th, the Florida native earned a promotion to Triple-A Pawtucket. The Red Sox drafted Chatham in the second round of the 2016 June draft out of Florida Atlantic University.
Dalbec appeared in 105 games with the Sea Dogs and hit .234 (84-for-359) with 20 homers, 57 RBI, 15 doubles, and 67 walks. On August 3rd, Dalbec was promoted to Triple-A Pawtucket and is hitting .308 (20-for-65), 3 HR and 7 RBI in 17 games. Dalbec still ranks among in the Eastern League leaders in the following categories: HR (20, T-2nd), RBI (T-10th), OBP (.371, 3rd), SLG (.454, 4th), OPS (.825, 4th), and BB (68, 2nd). The Red Sox drafted Dalbec in the fourth round of the 2016 June draft out of Arizona University.
The All-Star team is compiled on a voting system by local media, radio broadcasters, and team beat writers.
Complete roster of the Postseason All-Star Team as released by the Eastern League
1B: Chris Gittens, Trenton
2B: Santiago Espinal, New Hampshire
3B: Bobby Dalbec, Portland
SS: C.J. Chatham, Portland
C: Patrick Mazeika, Binghamton
OF: Jose Azocar, Erie
OF: Mickey Moniak, Reading
OF: Jared Oliva, Altoona
DH: Darick Hall, Reading
Utility: Isaac Paredes, Erie
Right-Handed Starting Pitcher: Matt Manning, Erie
Left-Handed Starting Pitcher: Zac Lowther, Bowie
Relief Pitcher: Aaron Barrett, Harrisburg
The Sea Dogs have seven home games remaining in the 2019 season. Tickets are available at 207-879-9500 or at seadogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 23, 2019
- RubberDucks Again Go 10 to Top Squirrels - Akron RubberDucks
- 'Dogs Pitchers Fan 17 in a 4-2 Loss to Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Ponies Blanked by Cats in Pitcher's Duel - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Late Comeback Holds up in 4-2 Thunder Victory - Trenton Thunder
- Squirrels Fall to Ducks in Extras for Second Straight Night - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Spanberger's Single Wins It for Fisher Cats in 11 Innings - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- First Place 'Wolves Fall to Senators on Friday - Erie SeaWolves
- Brady Goes the Distance and Blanks Baysox - Altoona Curve
- Senators Work out of Jams, Win 2-1 - Harrisburg Senators
- Williams Homers, Fightins Fall 6-2 at Hartford - Reading Fightin Phils
- Curve Halt Baysox, 7-0 - Bowie Baysox
- Serven and the Boz Keep Goats' Hopes Alive - Hartford Yard Goats
- Erie SeaWolves at Harrisburg Senators - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Bowie Baysox and Guardian Protection to Donate to Family Crisis Center of Prince George's County - Bowie Baysox
- Zac Lowther Named EL Postseason All-Star - Bowie Baysox
- Chatham and Dalbec Named League All-Stars - Portland Sea Dogs
- Chris Gittens Named to Season Ending Eastern League All-Star Team - Trenton Thunder
- Santiago Espinal Voted to Full Season All-Star Team - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Oliva Garners All-Eastern League Honors - Altoona Curve
- Moniak, Hall Named Eastern League Season-Ending All-Stars - Reading Fightin Phils
- Mazeika Named to 2019 Eastern League Season-Ending All-Star Team - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Three SeaWolves Named Eastern League Season-Ending All-Stars - Erie SeaWolves
- 2019 Eastern League All-Star Team Announced - EL
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes #129: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (26-38, 61-67) at New Hampshire Fisher Cats (28-34, 59-70) - 7:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 23rd vs. Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Curve Set for Final Home Games of 2019 - Altoona Curve
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.