Rush Announce Recent Acquisitions
(RAPID CITY, SD) - The Rapid City Rush has announced roster transactions that have taken place in the previous week. Joining the Rush roster are rookie goaltender Raphael Girard and defenseman Jonathan Narbonne. Girard comes to the Rush by virtue of a free agent signing, while Narbonne joins the Rush from the Missouri Mavericks to complete the trade earlier in the season for Jared Brown and future considerations.
Girard, a 22 year-old native of Saint-Hyancinthe, Quebec, begins his rookie season after four years at Harvard University in the NCAA. This season, he spent time as the back-up for Riley Gill with the Allen Americans, playing in 3 games and posting a 1-0-0 record with a 2.22 GAA and .925 save percentage. His first professional win came on December 3rd against the Tulsa Oilers, where he stopped 28 of 29 shots to capture the win.
Narbonne, a 22 year-old native of Laval, Quebec, enters his second year of professional hockey, also his second in the ECHL. Last season, as a rookie with the Gwinnett Gladiators. Narbonne played in 58 games, recording 17 points (2 goals, 15 assists). Prior to joining the Mavericks for 8 games, where he chipped in 3 assists, he played his first 17 games of the season with the Bakersfield Condors, adding 3 goals and 3 assists for 6 points to his pro totals. Before turning professional, Narbonne spent four seasons in the QMJHL with the Shawnigan Cataractes, the Moncton Wildcats, the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, and Montreal Juniors, the latter two teams of which he spent as a teammate with current Rush goaltender Etienne Marcoux.
Other Rush News:
Join Rush Nation for only $10 per game! Call the Rush office at 716-7825 for details, and stay informed on all Rush happenings this summer through the official Rapid City Rush team website, www.RapidCityRush.com, and the Rapid City Rush mobile app, available on iTunes and Google Play.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 30, 2014
- Sebastien Thinel Nets 1000th Career Point - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Score 5 Straight in Comeback Win - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers' Three-Goal Lead Vanishes in Home Loss to Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Blades Slide by Glads, 3-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Walleye Unravel Beast 6-3 on Ugly Sweater Night - Brampton Beast
- Morrison, Stingrays Blank Road Warriors 5-0 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mike Little Comes up Big in Return as 'Blades Defeat Gwinnett 3-1 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Fly Past Road Warriors 5-0 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Rush Announce Recent Acquisitions - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - December 30 - ECHL
- Condors Host Duck Dynasty Night and Welcome Mat Giveaway - Bakersfield Condors
- Mavericks Complete Multiple Transactions Ahead of Tuesday Night Game - Kansas City Mavericks
- Myles Bell Recalled by Albany Devils - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Munroe Reassigned to K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Road Warriors Weekly Report - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- K-Wings and KIA to Create Largest Paint Canvas this Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Little Returns to 'Blades; York Recalled to Syracuse - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Sign Loewen - Atlanta Gladiators
- Preview: Warriors Clash with Stingrays in Final Game of 2014 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Stockton Thunder - Ontario Reign
- We Paint the Ice Tonight vs. Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Game Day Capsule: Missouri at Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Komet Center Frazee Named ECHL Player of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fort Wayne's Frazee Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Gladiators Game Preview: Everblades at Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Sam Brittain Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cincinnati's Brittain Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Road Warriors Collide for East-Division Points Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - December 30 - ECHL
- Another Great Crowd Watches Grizzlies Beat Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Late Rally Not Enough as Grizzlies Win 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.