Mavericks Complete Multiple Transactions Ahead of Tuesday Night Game
Independence, MO (December 30, 2014)- The Missouri Mavericks announced Tuesday afternoon that they have signed free agents Geordie Wudrick and Andrew Darrigo. Additionally, the Mavs have activated defenseman Brendan Rempel from injured reserve and traded defenseman Jonathan Narbonnne to the Rapid City Rush ahead of their Tuesday night matchup against the Wichita Thunder on the road at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Wudrick, a 6'3", 214lb left wing from Abbotsford, BC will make his Mavericks debut this evening in Wichita.
"He's a hard-nosed winger who plays up and down the ice and isn't afraid to get into the ugly areas of the ice and get in-front of the net," said Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations, Richard Matvichuk.
Defenseman Andrew Darrigo of Georgetown, ONT spent his 2013-14 season and top of 2014-15 season with the Brampton Beast where he racked up 150 penalty minutes through sixty-one games.
"Darrigo adds some toughness and depth to our defensive front," said Matvichuk of the twenty-two year old 6'3", 215lb defenseman.
Rempel, a Willington, Connecticut native was acquired by the Missouri Mavericks on November 18th from the Greenville Road Warriors. The twenty-three year old defenseman played just six games in a Mavs sweater before being placed on injured reserve. Tonight will be Rempel's first game back in the Missouri lineup since their November 29th matchup against the Quad City Mallards.
Defenseman Jonathan Narbonne has been traded to the Rapid City Rush, completing a future considerations deal the Mavericks had in place with the Rush.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 30, 2014
- Sebastien Thinel Nets 1000th Career Point - Kansas City Mavericks
- Rush Score 5 Straight in Comeback Win - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers' Three-Goal Lead Vanishes in Home Loss to Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- 'Blades Slide by Glads, 3-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Walleye Unravel Beast 6-3 on Ugly Sweater Night - Brampton Beast
- Morrison, Stingrays Blank Road Warriors 5-0 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mike Little Comes up Big in Return as 'Blades Defeat Gwinnett 3-1 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Fly Past Road Warriors 5-0 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Rush Announce Recent Acquisitions - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - December 30 - ECHL
- Condors Host Duck Dynasty Night and Welcome Mat Giveaway - Bakersfield Condors
- Mavericks Complete Multiple Transactions Ahead of Tuesday Night Game - Kansas City Mavericks
- Myles Bell Recalled by Albany Devils - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Munroe Reassigned to K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Road Warriors Weekly Report - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- K-Wings and KIA to Create Largest Paint Canvas this Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Little Returns to 'Blades; York Recalled to Syracuse - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Sign Loewen - Atlanta Gladiators
- Preview: Warriors Clash with Stingrays in Final Game of 2014 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Stockton Thunder - Ontario Reign
- We Paint the Ice Tonight vs. Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Game Day Capsule: Missouri at Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Komet Center Frazee Named ECHL Player of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fort Wayne's Frazee Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Gladiators Game Preview: Everblades at Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Sam Brittain Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cincinnati's Brittain Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays and Road Warriors Collide for East-Division Points Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - December 30 - ECHL
- Another Great Crowd Watches Grizzlies Beat Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Late Rally Not Enough as Grizzlies Win 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.