Roadrunners Weekly: January 20
27-9-1-0 - .743 Win Percentage
(1st- Pacific Division, 1st- Western Conference, 1st- AHL)
GAMES THIS WEEK:
Tuesday at San Diego - 8 p.m. (Pechanga Arena)
Friday vs. Bakersfield - 7 p.m. (Tucson Arena)
Saturday vs. Bakersfield - 8 p.m. (Tucson Arena)
LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:
4-1 Loss at San Diego (Friday)
2-1 Overtime Win at Ontario (Saturday)
Friday morning Roadrunners forward Brayden Burke was announced as addition to the 2020 American Hockey League All-Star Classic roster. After adding two points, including the overtime winner Saturday, the second-year pro now has 36 points in 35 games, ranking 10thamong all league skaters.
Goaltender Ivan Prosvetov returned to the Roadrunners lineup Saturday after two weeks of sharing NHL time with Adin Hill. The first-year pro denied 27 of 28 in his first game action in two weeks, maintaining his league lead in goals against average and save percentage atop all first-year goaltenders.
THEY SAID IT:
"It was a good character win. We were obviously missing two of our top forwards [Lane Pederson and Michael Chaput], Kyle Capobianco, so we're a little short, but we found a way to get the job done. That's what it comes down to."
All-Star forward Brayden Burke speaking on the team's unique way of winning Saturday in Ontario.
THIS WEEK'S NOTES:
The team will take on San Diego Tuesday in the fourth I-8 Rivalry meeting of the season, return to Tucson Wednesday and practice at Tucson Arena Thursday before hosting the Bakersfield Condors, American Hockey League affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, for the first time this season Friday and Saturday at the TCC.
2020 All-Star Classic Celebration Night - Friday, January 24 at 7 p.m. against Bakersfield
Another T-Mobile 55+ Night, which means $19 Center Section Seats for our 55+ Friends.
Or, for all general fans, as a celebration of the AHL All-Star Classic being just days away, fans can take advantage of $20.20 Tickets in the Sides Section or Center Sections.
University of Arizona Night - Saturday, January 25 at 7 p.m. against Bakersfield
Our fifth T-Mobile Kachina Saturday, where the team will wear their black alternate uniforms!
Special ticket packages are on sale now that include four tickets and four co-branded Roadrunners / University of Arizona hats.
For more information on all promotional nights, visit TucsonRoadrunners.com/fun.
Roadrunners Happy Hour hosted by Adrian Denny 6-7 p.m. airs Wednesdays on Fox Sports 1450 with two special guests.
Roadrunners Reports featuring Head Coach Jay Varady and select players continue Monday through Friday's on all Tucson iHeartRadio stations.
New for 2019-20, Fox Sports 1450 AM is your Tucson radio home for Arizona Coyotes broadcasts.
The Roadrunners Insider Podcast with Brett Fera of the Arizona Daily Star airs on FoxSports1450.com and the iHeartRadio App.
Roadrunners captain Michael Chaput became the 31st player in the Glendale-Tucson pipeline to play a game for both the Roadrunners and Coyotes Thursday night in the team's game in Vancouver.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2020
- Petersen Strong in Shutout Win - Ontario Reign
- Condors Shutout by Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Snap Skid with Shutout Win over Eagles - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Huge Community Tuesday - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Closes out Road Trip with 5-0 Loss to Heat - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Storms Back for 4-2 Victory against Texas - Iowa Wild
- Jets Recall Kristian Vesalainen from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 20 - Manitoba Moose
- Wild Comeback to Top Stars 4-2 - Texas Stars
- Post Game Notes: Stars 2 at Wild 4 - Texas Stars
- Sens Win in First Visit to Rockford - Belleville Senators
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Comeback Effort Falls Short in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Recall Jeff Taylor from Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Utica's Justin Bailey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Justin Bailey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Utica Comets
- Luukkonen Assigned to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Heat Look to Halt Skid Monday against Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Englund Thankful for Extended Look with Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Recall Forward German Rubtsov - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at IceHogs, January 20 - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Weekly: January 20, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Weekly: January 20 - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.