Heat Look to Halt Skid Monday against Colorado
Monday, January 20, 2020
Arena: Stockton Arena | Stockton, California
Date: Monday, January 20, 2020
Time: 1:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch tonight's game on AHLTV or hear Stockton's radio call on Spreaker and iHeartRadio. Listeners in the Stockton area can also hear the game on Fox Sports 1280.
Join The Conversation: For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter. Join the conversation by replying to our updates or using the hashtag #STKvsCOL.
Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game Puck: Stay tuned on Twitter following the game for a chance to enter to win a puck signed by Alexander Yelesin with our Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game selection!
The Heat look to put an end to a three-game skid with a Monday matinee against the Colorado Eagles. Stockton battled back from a two-goal deficit in the third period of Saturday's game against Colorado, but a goal in the final minute allowed the Eagles to escape with a 4-3 win in regulation.
The Heat have not dropped four-straight in any fashion this season, rebounding the from the team's lone three-game skid earlier this season with a 6-3 win on November 11. All-time, Stockton is 9-3-0-1 against the Eagles coming into Monday's game.
With a pair of goals in the third period, the Stockton Heat erased a two-goal gap to draw even late in the final frame Saturday with three goals. It was the first time that the Heat, who averaged north of four goals per game for a significant portion of the season, put three on the board since January 8 - snapping a streak of four games below three goals, the longest such stretch of the season.
LIKE FINE QUINE
Alan Quine continued his strong campaign on the offensive end with a goal and an assist in Saturday's game, his marker tying the game at three goals a side late in the contest. Quine's recent scoring stretch has allowed him to climb to second on the Heat roster for points on the year, entering Monday's game with 33. The forward, who led the Heat with 52 points in 41 games a year ago, is nearly matching his offensive output from the 2018-19 campaign, currently clicking at 1.22 points per game.
Austin Czarnik made the bears fly in Saturday's Teddy Bear Toss, though scoring is nothing new for the winger in Stockton. In 15 games with the Heat this season, Czarnik has 17 points with nine goals, good for the seventh-highest goal total on the team while boasting the best goals-per-game on the roster at 0.60. Czarnik has six points (3g,3a) in the last six games.
For the first time this season, Stockton has gone three-straight games without a power play goal. The Heat did not have the benefit of a single power play opportunity in Saturday's game, Stockton getting charged with four penalties over the contest while the Eagles only received one penalty, a coincidental call.
START ON TIME
Over Stockton's three-game skid, the Heat have conceded the first goal in all three games. The Heat last took a 1-0 lead five games ago in a 2-0 shutout of San Jose at the SAP Center. Stockton leads the AHL in point percentage when taking a 1-0 edge, entering Monday's game with a 15-1-1-2 mark this season when scoring first.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2020
- Petersen Strong in Shutout Win - Ontario Reign
- Condors Shutout by Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Snap Skid with Shutout Win over Eagles - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Huge Community Tuesday - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Closes out Road Trip with 5-0 Loss to Heat - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Storms Back for 4-2 Victory against Texas - Iowa Wild
- Jets Recall Kristian Vesalainen from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 20 - Manitoba Moose
- Wild Comeback to Top Stars 4-2 - Texas Stars
- Post Game Notes: Stars 2 at Wild 4 - Texas Stars
- Sens Win in First Visit to Rockford - Belleville Senators
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Comeback Effort Falls Short in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Recall Jeff Taylor from Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Utica's Justin Bailey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Justin Bailey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Utica Comets
- Luukkonen Assigned to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Heat Look to Halt Skid Monday against Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Englund Thankful for Extended Look with Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Recall Forward German Rubtsov - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at IceHogs, January 20 - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Weekly: January 20, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Weekly: January 20 - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.