Utica's Justin Bailey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
January 20, 2020 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Utica Comets forward Justin Bailey has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending January 19, 2020.
Bailey totaled six goals and eight points in three games during his historic week for the Comets, who climbed into first place in the North Division.
On Wednesday night, Bailey scored three times in the first period to spark Utica to a 6-5 overtime victory over Hartford. Then in Friday's rematch with the Wolf Pack, Bailey became the first AHL skater in nearly nine years to record hat tricks in back-to-back games, adding an assist for a four-point effort in a 6-3 Comets win. And Saturday, Bailey assisted on the game-winning goal as Utica downed Cleveland, 6-2.
With 13 goals and 18 points in his last 12 games, Bailey has now totaled 35 points in 41 games for Utica this season, ranking third in the AHL in goals (22). The fifth-year pro from Buffalo, N.Y., shows 90 goals and 69 assists for 159 points in 254 career AHL games with Utica, Lehigh Valley and Rochester, along with five goals and four assists in 63 NHL contests with Philadelphia and Buffalo. A second-round choice by the Sabres in the 2013 NHL Draft, Bailey signed as a free agent with Vancouver on July 4, 2019.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Bailey will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Comets home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2020
- Petersen Strong in Shutout Win - Ontario Reign
- Condors Shutout by Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Snap Skid with Shutout Win over Eagles - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Huge Community Tuesday - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Closes out Road Trip with 5-0 Loss to Heat - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Storms Back for 4-2 Victory against Texas - Iowa Wild
- Jets Recall Kristian Vesalainen from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 20 - Manitoba Moose
- Wild Comeback to Top Stars 4-2 - Texas Stars
- Post Game Notes: Stars 2 at Wild 4 - Texas Stars
- Sens Win in First Visit to Rockford - Belleville Senators
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Comeback Effort Falls Short in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Recall Jeff Taylor from Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Utica's Justin Bailey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Justin Bailey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Utica Comets
- Luukkonen Assigned to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Heat Look to Halt Skid Monday against Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Englund Thankful for Extended Look with Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Recall Forward German Rubtsov - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at IceHogs, January 20 - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Weekly: January 20, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Weekly: January 20 - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.