Flyers Recall Forward German Rubtsov
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers have announced today that they have recalled forward German Rubtsov from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
Rubtsov, 21, is in his second season with Lehigh Valley and has tallied 12 points on two goals and 10 assists in 28 games. He is currently tied for fourth on the Phantoms with 10 assists. He appeared in 14 games for the Phantoms last season, and totaled 10 points on six goals and four assists before missing the remainder of the season with a shoulder injury. Rubtsov was recalled by the Flyers on October 31, 2019 and made his NHL debut on November 1 against the New Jersey Devils. He has played in three games for Philadelphia this season.
A native of Chekhov, Russia, Rubtsov was drafted in the first round (#22 overall) by the Philadelphia Flyers in the 2016 NHL draft. He spent three seasons in the QMJHL, and won the 2017-18 Memorial Cup with the Acadie-Bathurst Titan. He has also represented Russia twice at the World Juniors (2017 and 2018).
Images from this story
Lehigh Valley Phantoms forward German Rubtsov
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2020
- Petersen Strong in Shutout Win - Ontario Reign
- Condors Shutout by Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Snap Skid with Shutout Win over Eagles - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Huge Community Tuesday - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Closes out Road Trip with 5-0 Loss to Heat - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Storms Back for 4-2 Victory against Texas - Iowa Wild
- Jets Recall Kristian Vesalainen from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 20 - Manitoba Moose
- Wild Comeback to Top Stars 4-2 - Texas Stars
- Post Game Notes: Stars 2 at Wild 4 - Texas Stars
- Sens Win in First Visit to Rockford - Belleville Senators
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Comeback Effort Falls Short in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Recall Jeff Taylor from Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Utica's Justin Bailey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Justin Bailey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Utica Comets
- Luukkonen Assigned to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Heat Look to Halt Skid Monday against Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Englund Thankful for Extended Look with Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Recall Forward German Rubtsov - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at IceHogs, January 20 - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Weekly: January 20, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Weekly: January 20 - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Donates Food to Lehigh Valley Organizations During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Lyon Makes 33 Saves to Earn Point for Lehigh Valley
- Connor Bunnaman Recalled by Philadelphia
- Phantoms Recall Eric Knodel from Reading; Friedman to Flyers
- Phantoms Power Play