Game Day Build-Up: Senators at IceHogs, January 20
The Belleville Senators makes its first ever visit to Rockford for an afternoon clash on Martin Luther King Day.
The Senators (24-13-3-1) picked up one of its most hard-fought wins of the season Saturday night as they beat Grand Rapids in a shootout to remain two points behind Utica for the North Division lead.
Rockford (20-19-1-1) are sat in a tie for fourth place in the Central Division on 42 points with Texas and Grand Rapids.
The Sens are 15-3-2-0 away from home this season while the IceHogs are 12-8 on home ice.
The Sens received a major boost Saturday night as Rudolfs Balcers, Drake Batherson and Filip Chlapik were all reassigned by Ottawa.
Filip Gustavsson will start for the Senators in goal.
Jonathan Davidsson, Jordan Szwarz, JC Beaudin, Max Veronneau and Christian Jaros are out for the Senators.
This afternoon is only the second ever meeting between the two teams. Belleville claimed a 5-2 victory on Dec. 13.
Who to watch
It's hard not to look past Batherson's return for Belleville. Despite missing the last seven games, he remains fourth in AHL scoring with 41 points in 33 games.
MacKenzie Entwistle's first professional season has seen him tally 17 points (seven goals) in 35 contests, good for second most on the team amongst rookies.
Where to watch
Monday's game starts at 2pm and can be seen LIVE on AHLTV. Follow the Belleville Sens on Twitter for live updates.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 1:50pm with Jack Miller on the call.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2020
- Petersen Strong in Shutout Win - Ontario Reign
- Condors Shutout by Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Snap Skid with Shutout Win over Eagles - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Huge Community Tuesday - Chicago Wolves
- Colorado Closes out Road Trip with 5-0 Loss to Heat - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Storms Back for 4-2 Victory against Texas - Iowa Wild
- Jets Recall Kristian Vesalainen from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 20 - Manitoba Moose
- Wild Comeback to Top Stars 4-2 - Texas Stars
- Post Game Notes: Stars 2 at Wild 4 - Texas Stars
- Sens Win in First Visit to Rockford - Belleville Senators
- Crunch Defeat Comets, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Comeback Effort Falls Short in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Recall Jeff Taylor from Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Utica's Justin Bailey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Justin Bailey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Utica Comets
- Luukkonen Assigned to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Heat Look to Halt Skid Monday against Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Englund Thankful for Extended Look with Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Flyers Recall Forward German Rubtsov - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at IceHogs, January 20 - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Weekly: January 20, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Weekly: January 20 - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.