RiverDogs Announce 2020 Schedule
CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Charleston RiverDogs in conjunction with the South Atlantic League have announced their schedule for 2020, the 24th season of baseball at Joe Riley Park.
Charleston will open their campaign at home for the first time since 2017 when they welcome the Kannapolis Intimidators to Riley Park on April 9, kicking off a seven-day stint at The Joe to open the season.
The Holy City's Opening Day will mark the first of 11 Budweiser Thirsty Thursday home dates; the Dogs will play 11 games apiece each weekend day during the season, marking the dates of each Boeing Red Shirt Friday with postgame fireworks and Holy City Family Sundays presented by MUSC Health.
Other notable home dates on the calendar include a July 4 tilt with Greenville and a Memorial Day matchup with Columbia on Monday, May 25.
The RiverDogs will travel 9,400 miles over the course of the 140-game slate. Nearby North Augusta, the home of the GreenJackets, will be the Dogs' most common destination with 14 contests scheduled to be played at SRP Park on the year, followed by Greenville (10), and Columbia and Rome (9 each). Charleston will face the division rival GreenJackets 25 times by the end of the year, their most common foe, while taking on the Drive 22 times along with Asheville and Rome 16 times apiece. Greenville will be the most common visitor to Riley Park next year with 12 games scheduled at The Joe in the Yankees-Red Sox matchup.
Charleston faces every team in the league either home or road expect for Hagerstown (Nationals), whom the RiverDogs will not see for a second consecutive season. Every team other than the Suns has at least one visit to Riley Park next year. The Dogs will travel to every road city in the SAL circuit save for Salisbury, Maryland, home of the Shorebirds (Orioles), and Hagerstown.
Game times for the 2020 schedule will be announced in February leading up to the season, along with a list of upcoming nightly promotions.
Fans can "Make Fun" with the RiverDogs all season long down at The Joe. Single-game tickets, including options to the Riley Park Club, are now available at riverdogs.com/tickets or by contacting the RiverDogs front office at 843-577-3647 (DOGS). A full schedule and list of game times for the 2019 season are available at riverdogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Home Field Edge Continues with Tourists Win - Asheville Tourists
- Mountain Air Cools off Red-Hot RiverDogs - Charleston RiverDogs
- BlueClaws Win on Pelletier Home Run in Ninth - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Early Runs Not Enough in 4-2 Loss to Lexington - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Jackets Open Series with 5-1 Victory over Grasshoppers - Augusta GreenJackets
- Adon Earns League-Leading 11th Win in WV - Hagerstown Suns
- Drive Fall to Hickory on Thursday - Greenville Drive
- Sanders Homers But Power Fall in Series Opener, 6-3 - Charleston Dirty Birds
- Walkoff Homer Stuns 'Birds in Lakewood - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Fireflies Rally for Epic Win to Open up Series against Rome - Columbia Fireflies
- Rome Braves Announce 2020 Schedule - Rome Braves
- Fireflies Roster Move and Game Notes: August 15 vs. Rome (Game 119) - Columbia Fireflies
- Sergio Romo to Enter GreenJackets Hall of Fame - Augusta GreenJackets
- Julio Rodriguez Promoted to High-A Modesto - Charleston Dirty Birds
- 2019 Fireflies Homestand Highlights: August 15-18 - Columbia Fireflies
- Crawdads Announce 2020 Schedule - Hickory Crawdads
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (August 15) - Charleston Dirty Birds
- Columbia Fireflies Release 2020 Season Schedule - Columbia Fireflies
- Shorebirds Release 2020 Schedule - Delmarva Shorebirds
- RiverDogs Announce 2020 Schedule - Charleston RiverDogs
- Tourists Quiet Braves Bats in 7-3 Finale - Rome Braves
- 'Birds Pounce on Power Miscues - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Contreras Dominates, Holds Early Lead as Rainbows Sweep 'Flies - Charleston RiverDogs
- Important Series Goes Asheville's Way - Asheville Tourists
- Swing and a Miss - Columbia Pitchers Strike out 12 in Finale - Columbia Fireflies
- Intimidators Shutout Grasshoppers in 10-0 Victory - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charleston RiverDogs Stories
- RiverDogs Announce 2022 Field Staff
- RiverDogs Partner with CCSD for Sixth Year of "Reading Around the Bases"
- RiverDogs Ring in New Year with Front Office Promotions
- RiverDogs Set Plans for 18th Annual Hot Stove Banquet
- RiverDogs to Auction "Holy City" Jerseys to Benefit MUSC Shawn Jenkins Children's Hospital