Rome Braves Announce 2020 Schedule
ROME, GA - The 2020 season marks the Rome Braves 18th season at State Mutual Stadium. The Single-A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves begins the season Thursday, April 9 with a seven-game homestand against Hagerstown and Greenville. As previously announced, the Braves also host the 2020 South Atlantic League All-Star Game Tuesday, June 23.
The 2020 season features 70 games at State Mutual Stadium and 70 games on the road during the 140-game regular season. After the opening seven-game homestand, the Braves hit the road for a seven-game road trip before returning home for a quick four-game set against Kannapolis. The Braves then travel to West Virginia and Greenville to close out April and open the month of May.
Rome returns for an off day followed by a seven-game homestand against Charleston (May 5-7) and Hickory (May 8-10). The Braves then travel to Lakewood and Hagerstown for a six-game swing against the Northern Division foes. Rome counters Asheville and Greenville for a six-game homestand before wrapping up the month at Kannapolis and Charleston.
Greensboro and Columbia kick of the next set of games at State Mutual Stadium in June before the Braves travel to Lexington of a quick three-game series. Rome returns for another six-game homestand against Charleston and Augusta before finishing the first half of the season at Asheville.
The 2020 South Atlantic League All-Star break is slated for June 22-24. The Rome Braves will host all events culminating with the 2020 South Atlantic League All-Star Game on Tuesday, June 23. Details surrounding all events and festivities will be announced at a later date.
Rome opens the second half of the season in Columbia and wraps up the month of June at home against Greenville. July opens in Lexington before the Braves return for a long homestand that kicks off on July 4 against Augusta. Rome also hosts Lexington, Lakewood and West Virginia during the month of July.
In August, the Braves have just four home dates against West Virginia sandwiched between two six-game road trips. However, Rome then returns home for an 11-game homestand to wrap up the month. The Braves finish out the season with a seven-game stretch in West Virginia and Greenville that wraps up the regular season on Labor Day.
Game times and promotions for the 2020 season will be announced at a later date. Season tickets and sponsorship packages for the 2020 season go on sale soon. For more information or to pick out your seats today, stop by the Rome Braves Front Office or call 706-378-5144.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Home Field Edge Continues with Tourists Win - Asheville Tourists
- Mountain Air Cools off Red-Hot RiverDogs - Charleston RiverDogs
- BlueClaws Win on Pelletier Home Run in Ninth - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Early Runs Not Enough in 4-2 Loss to Lexington - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Jackets Open Series with 5-1 Victory over Grasshoppers - Augusta GreenJackets
- Adon Earns League-Leading 11th Win in WV - Hagerstown Suns
- Drive Fall to Hickory on Thursday - Greenville Drive
- Sanders Homers But Power Fall in Series Opener, 6-3 - West Virginia Power
- Walkoff Homer Stuns 'Birds in Lakewood - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Fireflies Rally for Epic Win to Open up Series against Rome - Columbia Fireflies
- Rome Braves Announce 2020 Schedule - Rome Braves
- Fireflies Roster Move and Game Notes: August 15 vs. Rome (Game 119) - Columbia Fireflies
- Sergio Romo to Enter GreenJackets Hall of Fame - Augusta GreenJackets
- Julio Rodriguez Promoted to High-A Modesto - West Virginia Power
- 2019 Fireflies Homestand Highlights: August 15-18 - Columbia Fireflies
- Crawdads Announce 2020 Schedule - Hickory Crawdads
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (August 15) - West Virginia Power
- Columbia Fireflies Release 2020 Season Schedule - Columbia Fireflies
- Shorebirds Release 2020 Schedule - Delmarva Shorebirds
- RiverDogs Announce 2020 Schedule - Charleston RiverDogs
- Tourists Quiet Braves Bats in 7-3 Finale - Rome Braves
- 'Birds Pounce on Power Miscues - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Contreras Dominates, Holds Early Lead as Rainbows Sweep 'Flies - Charleston RiverDogs
- Important Series Goes Asheville's Way - Asheville Tourists
- Swing and a Miss - Columbia Pitchers Strike out 12 in Finale - Columbia Fireflies
- Intimidators Shutout Grasshoppers in 10-0 Victory - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.