Rainiers Throttle Aces to Win Second-Straight on Star Wars Night
Tacoma, WA - Shed Long, Time Lopes and Orlando Calixte all crushed home runs and four Tacoma Rainiers drove in at least two runs as the home team obliterated the Reno Aces, 10-2, at Cheney Stadium on Thursday night.
The Rainiers trailed after the opening half inning but scored the next nine runs, including a four-run rally in the third inning and a three-run sixth, two of which came on Long's fifth home run in 2019 and second in as many games after tagging a go-ahead grand slam in the seventh inning of Wednesday's victory.
Orlando Calixte led the way offensively for Tacoma, going 3-for-5 with a home run and an RBI, marking the second time Calixte has gone yard this season. Tim Lopes provided a standout performance at the dish as well, going 2-for-4 with a home run and two RBIs, his second long ball of the year.
Long, Lopes, Kristopher Negron and Ian Miller all had two RBI in the victory. Tacoma scored their 10 runs on 11 hits, four of which went for extra bases, including three home runs. The Rainiers also drew four free passes from Reno pitchers. Tacoma also did significant damage on the basepaths, swiping four bases on the day, with one coming from Ryan Court.
The Rainiers wrap their eight-game homestand on Friday against Reno at 7:05 PM PDT. Left-hander Tommy Milone (3-2, 3.66) will take the hill for Tacoma in his first outing since being named PCL Pitcher of the Week on Monday. Mike Curto will have full coverage on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com and WeRTacoma.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter ( @RainiersLand ), Instagram (tacomarainiers) or liking the team on Facebook .
Images from this story
Shed Long of the Tacoma Rainiers
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 10, 2019
- I-Cubs Take Series in Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Dodgers and Sounds Suspended Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds and Dodgers Suspend Game Due to Rain - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Offer Permanent Military Discount on Single-Game Tickets - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (12-22) vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers (11-22) - Nashville Sounds
- Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball & Major League Baseball Players Association Make Joint $50,000 Donation to Team Rubicon - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (18-16) vs Iowa Cubs (23-11) - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Express Kick off 13-Game Homestand on Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Super Saturday, Mother's Day Headline Weekend at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 10, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees Fall in Rain Shortened Contest - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Finish up 12-Game Homestand with a Packed Weekend - Sacramento River Cats
- Mateo, Joseph Lead Aviators to Rain-Shortened Victory over Bees - Las Vegas Aviators
- Rainiers Throttle Aces to Win Second-Straight on Star Wars Night - Tacoma Rainiers
- Capping a Momentous Week - San Antonio Missions
- Hernandez, Grizzlies slam past River Cats 7-4 in 10 innings for fourth straight victory - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats done in by extra inning home run - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Bully Reno, 10-2 - Reno Aces
- Redbirds Just Shy in Wild, 11-Inning Affair - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Rides Past Omaha 8-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Topple Chasers 9-7 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Win Extra-Inning Thriller - Iowa Cubs
- Naylor Fuels Chihuahuas' Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- McGee, Rusin Rehab with Isotopes as El Paso Wins 5-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Outshine Storm Chasers in 8-6 Win - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Statement from Tacoma Rainiers Regarding COVID-19, Gover Nor Inslee's Announcement
- Tacoma Rainiers Tickets on Sale Now for "Welcome Homestand"
- Brown Returning to Tacoma, New Pitching Coach Marks Lone Change to Field Staff in 2020
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale
- Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators