Grizzlies Offer Permanent Military Discount on Single-Game Tickets
FRESNO, Calif. - The Fresno Grizzlies have announced that ALL single game tickets moving forward will be discounted by two dollars for veterans and active duty military. Veterans and those with a valid military ID will be able to take advantage of the discount at all ticket levels for any home game at Chukchansi Park.
The discount is only valid in person at the Chukchansi Park ticket office, for ID purposes. Day-of and walk-up tickets can be purchased for virtually all Grizzlies' home games, in a variety of sections. Calling the ticket office ahead of time (559-320-TIXS) is also encouraged to check on availability. Tickets for anyone in the party of a veteran or active duty military member will also be discounted by $2 (maximum eight tickets).
"With May being Military Appreciation Month, we felt this was an appropriate time to roll out across-the-board discounts for folks who served or are serving," said Fresno Grizzlies President Derek Franks. "Over the course of the last several seasons, we've had a variety of days where there was a military discount, but to properly thank these men and women and recognize their sacrifices, it was time to go to an every-game discount."
Coming up on Saturday, May 11, the Grizzlies are hosting one of the largest events to honor veterans in Fresno, and all of Minor League Baseball. "Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans" celebrates the sacrifice of those veterans who may have not had a warm welcome upon returning home at least 45 years ago, and those soldiers that made the ultimate sacrifice. This will be second-annual version of this event at Chukchansi Park.
A special ceremony in the Tulare Plaza at Chukchansi Park will begin at 5 p.m. on May 11, prior to on-field recognition before first pitch. The Grizzlies will be wearing special tribute jerseys on the field (image attached), which will be available for bid. Proceeds from the game-worn jersey auction will benefit AMVETS Department of California. All Vietnam veterans receive two FREE tickets to this particular game; please call 559-320-2591 or visit the Chukchansi Park ticket office for more information and to collect tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 10, 2019
- I-Cubs Take Series in Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Dodgers and Sounds Suspended Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds and Dodgers Suspend Game Due to Rain - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Offer Permanent Military Discount on Single-Game Tickets - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (12-22) vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers (11-22) - Nashville Sounds
- Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball & Major League Baseball Players Association Make Joint $50,000 Donation to Team Rubicon - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (18-16) vs Iowa Cubs (23-11) - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Express Kick off 13-Game Homestand on Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Super Saturday, Mother's Day Headline Weekend at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 10, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees Fall in Rain Shortened Contest - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Finish up 12-Game Homestand with a Packed Weekend - Sacramento River Cats
- Mateo, Joseph Lead Aviators to Rain-Shortened Victory over Bees - Las Vegas Aviators
- Rainiers Throttle Aces to Win Second-Straight on Star Wars Night - Tacoma Rainiers
- Capping a Momentous Week - San Antonio Missions
- Hernandez, Grizzlies slam past River Cats 7-4 in 10 innings for fourth straight victory - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats done in by extra inning home run - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Bully Reno, 10-2 - Reno Aces
- Redbirds Just Shy in Wild, 11-Inning Affair - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Rides Past Omaha 8-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Topple Chasers 9-7 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Win Extra-Inning Thriller - Iowa Cubs
- Naylor Fuels Chihuahuas' Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- McGee, Rusin Rehab with Isotopes as El Paso Wins 5-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Outshine Storm Chasers in 8-6 Win - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Chukchansi Park Job Fair Set for Saturday, March 7th
- Chukchansi Park to Host the Official Selena Tejano Tribute Festival
- Fresno Grizzlies Release 2020 Promotional Schedule; Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale TODAY
- A League of Her Own
- Fresno Grizzlies and DICK's Sporting Goods to Host MLB Jr. Home Run Derby