Bees Fall in Rain Shortened Contest
Las Vegas rallied with four runs in the sixth inning, as the Aviators beat the Salt Lake Bees 7-5 on Thursday night in a game that was called by rain in the seventh inning.
The Bees had taken a 4-3 lead in the top of the sixth on a double by Jarrett Parker and a throwing error by Las Vegas pitcher Norge Ruiz. With one out in the bottom of the sixth, Beau Taylor walked and moved to third on a two out single to right by Mark Payton. Eric Campbell delivered an RBI single to tie the game and Dustin Fowler followed with a two run single to put Las Vegas in front. They would add one more run in the inning before Luis Rengifo led off the seventh with his third home run of the season. Taylor Ward and Matt Thaiss singled before Jared Walsh walked to load the bases with no outs, but Wei-Chung Wang struck out Jose Rojas and Jarrett Parker and then got Cesar Puello to ground out to end the inning without any more runs for Salt Lake.
Parker Bridwell (0-3) took the loss, as he allowed four runs on five hits in one and one-third innings. Starter Jaime Barria went the first four and two-third innings and gave up three runs on six hits with four strikeouts and three walks. Ward extended his on base streak to 29 games dating back to last season with a double and a single, while Rengifo added two hits and one run batted in.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 10, 2019
- I-Cubs Take Series in Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Dodgers and Sounds Suspended Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds and Dodgers Suspend Game Due to Rain - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Offer Permanent Military Discount on Single-Game Tickets - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (12-22) vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers (11-22) - Nashville Sounds
- Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball & Major League Baseball Players Association Make Joint $50,000 Donation to Team Rubicon - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (18-16) vs Iowa Cubs (23-11) - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Express Kick off 13-Game Homestand on Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Super Saturday, Mother's Day Headline Weekend at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 10, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees Fall in Rain Shortened Contest - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Finish up 12-Game Homestand with a Packed Weekend - Sacramento River Cats
- Mateo, Joseph Lead Aviators to Rain-Shortened Victory over Bees - Las Vegas Aviators
- Rainiers Throttle Aces to Win Second-Straight on Star Wars Night - Tacoma Rainiers
- Capping a Momentous Week - San Antonio Missions
- Hernandez, Grizzlies slam past River Cats 7-4 in 10 innings for fourth straight victory - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats done in by extra inning home run - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Bully Reno, 10-2 - Reno Aces
- Redbirds Just Shy in Wild, 11-Inning Affair - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Rides Past Omaha 8-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Topple Chasers 9-7 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Win Extra-Inning Thriller - Iowa Cubs
- Naylor Fuels Chihuahuas' Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- McGee, Rusin Rehab with Isotopes as El Paso Wins 5-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Outshine Storm Chasers in 8-6 Win - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.