Naylor Fuels Chihuahuas' Win
Josh Naylor had three hits in the El Paso Chihuahuas' 5-2 win over the Albuquerque Isotopes Thursday night at Southwest University Park. Naylor now has 44 hits in 34 games, the third-highest hit total in the Pacific Coast League.
Esteban Quiroz went 2-for-3 with three RBIs, including one on a second-inning solo home run, his fourth home run of the homestand. Chris Stewart added his first homer of the year in the fourth, El Paso's league-leading 85th through 35 games.
The Chihuahuas have taken two of the first three games against Albuquerque and could clinch their seventh consecutive series victory with a win Friday. Colorado Rockies pitchers Jake McGee and Chris Rusin both pitched scoreless MLB injury rehab outings Thursday for the Isotopes.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/isotopes-vs-chihuahuas/2019/05/09/579435#game_state=final,game_tab=boxscore,game=579435
Team Records: Albuquerque (18-17), El Paso (24-10)
Next Game: Friday, 7:05 pm at Southwest University Park. Albuquerque TBA vs. El Paso LHP Dillon Overton (0-0, 7.59). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 10, 2019
- I-Cubs Take Series in Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Dodgers and Sounds Suspended Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds and Dodgers Suspend Game Due to Rain - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Offer Permanent Military Discount on Single-Game Tickets - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (12-22) vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers (11-22) - Nashville Sounds
- Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball & Major League Baseball Players Association Make Joint $50,000 Donation to Team Rubicon - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (18-16) vs Iowa Cubs (23-11) - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Express Kick off 13-Game Homestand on Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Super Saturday, Mother's Day Headline Weekend at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 10, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees Fall in Rain Shortened Contest - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Finish up 12-Game Homestand with a Packed Weekend - Sacramento River Cats
- Mateo, Joseph Lead Aviators to Rain-Shortened Victory over Bees - Las Vegas Aviators
- Rainiers Throttle Aces to Win Second-Straight on Star Wars Night - Tacoma Rainiers
- Capping a Momentous Week - San Antonio Missions
- Hernandez, Grizzlies slam past River Cats 7-4 in 10 innings for fourth straight victory - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats done in by extra inning home run - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Bully Reno, 10-2 - Reno Aces
- Redbirds Just Shy in Wild, 11-Inning Affair - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Rides Past Omaha 8-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Topple Chasers 9-7 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Win Extra-Inning Thriller - Iowa Cubs
- Naylor Fuels Chihuahuas' Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- McGee, Rusin Rehab with Isotopes as El Paso Wins 5-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Outshine Storm Chasers in 8-6 Win - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- Chihuahuas, Locomotive & Southwest University Park Announce Partnership with Professional Sports Catering
- Chihuahuas and L&F Distributors Release Co-Branded Beer Can
- Chihuahuas Individual Game Tickets for the 2020 Season on Sale Tomorrow
- Star Wars and Three Replica Jersey Giveaways Highlight Chihuahuas 2020 Promotions
- Chihuahuas Individual Game Tickets for the 2020 Season on Sale February 22