Express Topple Chasers 9-7
Storm Chasers center fielder Bubba Starling and second baseman Nicky Lopez combined to collect seven hits while driving in six runs, including a homer from Lopez, while Express shortstop Alex De Goti tallied three knocks in Round Rock's 9-7 win over Omaha on Wednesday evening at Werner Park.
Starling (4-5, 3 RBI) raised his team-best batting average to .371 with a four-hit effort, which including a trio of RBI singles, and has recorded at least one hit in 12 of his last 16 games. Lopez, meanwhile, reached base in all five plate appearances and drove in three runs, including a two-run home run in the first inning as part of a three-run first frame. In addition to Starling and Lopez, DH Humberto Arteaga (2-4, R) also posted a multi-hit effort with two knocks.
Lopez has also fared well over his last 11 contests, accumulating a .472 average (17-36), adding eight runs, one double, one triple, one homer and four RBI. He has recorded at least one hit in nine of those 11 matchups, totaling 11 walks compared to just one strikeout, as well as six steals.
De Goti (4-5, 2 R, 2 2B, RBI, BB) good Lopez in reaching base five times, which including a pair of two-baggers. Four other Express hitters tallied multi-hit efforts, including CF Derek Fisher (2-4, R, 3 RBI, BB) and LF Yordan Alvarez (2-5, R, HR, 2 RBI). It was Alvarez who capped Round Rock's four-run sixth inning with a two-run blast to help the Express move ahead for good.
Round Rock reliever Dean Deetz (3.0 IP, 2 H, R, ER, BB, 4 K) earned the victory, with Raymin Guduan (2.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, BB, K) adding a hold and Kent Emanuel (2.0 IP, 2 H, BB, K) notching a two-inning save. Omaha starter Scott Blewett (5.1 IP, 11 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, K) suffered the loss.
The two teams are set to continue their four-game set on Thursday evening, with first pitch scheduled for 6:35pm CT. RHP Josh Staumont (0-1, 3.00) is anticipated to get the nod for the Storm Chasers, while RHP Brady Rodgers (3-0, 2.75) is slated to toe the rubber for the Express.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 10, 2019
- I-Cubs Take Series in Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Dodgers and Sounds Suspended Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds and Dodgers Suspend Game Due to Rain - Nashville Sounds
- Grizzlies Offer Permanent Military Discount on Single-Game Tickets - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (12-22) vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers (11-22) - Nashville Sounds
- Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball & Major League Baseball Players Association Make Joint $50,000 Donation to Team Rubicon - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (18-16) vs Iowa Cubs (23-11) - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Express Kick off 13-Game Homestand on Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Super Saturday, Mother's Day Headline Weekend at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 10, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bees Fall in Rain Shortened Contest - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats Finish up 12-Game Homestand with a Packed Weekend - Sacramento River Cats
- Mateo, Joseph Lead Aviators to Rain-Shortened Victory over Bees - Las Vegas Aviators
- Rainiers Throttle Aces to Win Second-Straight on Star Wars Night - Tacoma Rainiers
- Capping a Momentous Week - San Antonio Missions
- Hernandez, Grizzlies slam past River Cats 7-4 in 10 innings for fourth straight victory - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats done in by extra inning home run - Sacramento River Cats
- Rainiers Bully Reno, 10-2 - Reno Aces
- Redbirds Just Shy in Wild, 11-Inning Affair - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Rides Past Omaha 8-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Topple Chasers 9-7 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Win Extra-Inning Thriller - Iowa Cubs
- Naylor Fuels Chihuahuas' Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- McGee, Rusin Rehab with Isotopes as El Paso Wins 5-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Express Outshine Storm Chasers in 8-6 Win - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- Storm Chasers, Werner Park Activities Suspended Indefinitely
- Chasers President Receiving Brett Award
- Storm Chasers, Union Omaha to Host St. Paddy's at the Park
- Storm Chasers Announce Theme, Promo and Group Nights
- Storm Chasers, Union Omaha to Host St. Patty's at the Park