Pritchard Extends Point-Streak in 5-1 Loss to Lions
The Reading Royals, proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, lost to the Trois-Rivières Lions, 5-1, Wednesday, Nov. 24th at Colisee Videotron. Royals goaltender Kirill Ustimenko saved 32 of 36 shots, while Lions goalie Philippe Desrosiers saved 22 of 23.
The Lions got on the board first and did so with a strong cross-crease dangle. Justin Ducharme picked up a bank pass off the boards from Shawn St-Amant, drove to the net carrying the puck across Ustimenko's crease, and beat the Royals netminder with a backhand shot. Ducharme buried the puck with McNally in his back pocket, a strong display of balance and puck control to propel the Lions to an early lead, 1-0.
The Lions dominated the 2nd period, outshooting the Royals in shots, 15-6, and adding two more goals to give Trois-Rivières a three-goal lead after 40 minutes of play. Anthony Nellis lit the lamp first, slotting a shot into the back of the net through the pads of Ustimenko. Six minutes later, Olivier Archambault squeaked the puck between Ustimenko's glove and the right post putting Trois-Rivières up, 3-0 .
The Royals connected with twine 14:31 into the 3rd period off the stick of Jacob Pritchard who sniped a shot low and through the pads of Desrosiers. Pritchard's goal extends his point-streak to nine straight games and cut the Royals' deficit down to two.
Hopes for a comeback didn't last long however, as just a minute later, the Lions answered back with a goal from Peter Abbandonato. He sped past Dominic Cormier and received a cross-crease feed, putting the puck over Ustimenko, who was sliding to his right, and into the back of the net. An empty net goal by Ducharme with 3:55 remaining in regulation earned his second goal of the game as well as Nellis' second point on the assist.
The Royals stay in Québec for a Saturday night matchup with the Trois-Rivières Lions Nov. 27th at 7:00 p.m. at Colisee Videotron.
Saturday, Dec. 11 vs. Adirondack - Affiliation Night! Celebrate the Royals' affiliation with the Flyers. Gritty will be at Santander Arena, a Kirill Ustimenko bobblehead will be given away presented by Savage Auto Group, the Royals will play on orange ice, fans will get chances to win gift cards during the game, and there will be a Teddy Bear Toss, postgame skate presented by T-Mobile, and postgame party presented by DoubleTree by Hilton Reading.
Buy tickets HERE: www.royalshockey.com/promotions
Reading Royals season, flex memberships and group tickets are available for the 2021-22 season by visiting the Royals' box office at Santander Arena or by calling 610-898-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 24, 2021
- Rush Prevail over Wichita in OT, 2-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Indy Falls to Wheeling in Third Matchup of the Season - Indy Fuel
- Dickinson Nets Two in Walleye Loss to Cincinnati - Toledo Walleye
- Big Win at Home for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Nailers Feast on Fuel, 5-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Pritchard Extends Point-Streak in 5-1 Loss to Lions - Reading Royals
- Everblades Fall in Shootout at Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- Voyer, Tralmaks Rally Mariners over Railers - Maine Mariners
- Grasso Scores Twice in 6-3 Loss to Growlers - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Drop Thanksgiving Eve Showdown to Maine 4-2 - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Double up the Thunder 6-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 25, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - November 24 - ECHL
- Defenseman Evan Wardley Returns to Steelheads from Syracuse - Idaho Steelheads
- Montana Onyebuchi Recalled by Barracuda - Orlando Solar Bears
- Szydlowski Back with Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Oilers Sign Experienced Forward Darren McCormick - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Trois-Rivières Receives Reading at the Colisée Vidéotron - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Game Preview: Everblades at Icemen, November 24, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Thunder Starts Busy Week Tonight vs. Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Zach Hall Returns as the Americans Open a Series in Idaho - Allen Americans
- Royals Visit Lions for Start of Thanksgiving Week Trifecta - Reading Royals
- Everblades to Open Three-Game Trip to Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- Icemen Use Two Shorthanded Goals to Rally Past Stingrays - Jacksonville Icemen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Royals Put in Complete Effort to Take Two of Three from Growlers
- Royals Look to Take Two of Three against Growlers at 5:30
- Cressey Gets Three Points in Win over League Leaders
- Pritchard Looks to Stay Hot against Growlers at 5:30
- Pritchard Records First-Ever Multi-Goal Game in 4-2 Loss to Growlers