Zach Hall Returns as the Americans Open a Series in Idaho
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Seattle Kraken (NHL), open a three-game series with the Idaho Steelheads, starting tonight in Boise, Idaho. The Americans won two of three games against the Rapid City Rush last weekend to win their first series of the season.
The team made a significant signing yesterday with the addition of forward Zach Hall. The Belleville, Ontario native played with the Americans during the 2016-2017 season, as well as 2017-2018. In the 16-17 campaign, he had 28 points in just 33 games (11 goals and 17 assists). He played his junior hockey with the Barrie Colts of the Ontario Hockey League from 2011-2015.
The Americans will be without injured players Antoine Bibeau, Jack Combs, and JD Dudek tonight. Also missing from the lineup are Dawson Butt, Eric Roy, Branden Troock and Francis Marotte for Covid19 protocol. Combs will once again handle the bench duties tonight for Head Coach and General Manager Steve Martinson, who remains back in Texas under Covid 19 protocol. Chad Butcher is on reserve.
Spencer Asuchak leads the Americans in points with 15 (5 goals and 10 assists), in 12 games. He has the team-high seven-game point streak going, and is coming off a four-point game last Saturday night in Rapid City.
Their opponent tonight, the Idaho Steelheads, are second overall in the Mountain Division with an 8-6-0 record, two points behind first place Utah. Both teams have played 14 games. Idaho is 4-2-0 on their home ice this season. They are led by long-time players Wil Merchant, 12 points (6 goals and 6 assists), and AJ White, 11 points (6 goals and 5 assists).
Game time tonight from Idaho is 8:10 pm CST. The pregame show gets underway at 7:40 pm local time on the Americans 24/7 app.
Images from this story
Allen Americans forward Zach Hall (left)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 24, 2021
- Rush Prevail over Wichita in OT, 2-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Indy Falls to Wheeling in Third Matchup of the Season - Indy Fuel
- Dickinson Nets Two in Walleye Loss to Cincinnati - Toledo Walleye
- Big Win at Home for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Nailers Feast on Fuel, 5-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Pritchard Extends Point-Streak in 5-1 Loss to Lions - Reading Royals
- Everblades Fall in Shootout at Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- Voyer, Tralmaks Rally Mariners over Railers - Maine Mariners
- Grasso Scores Twice in 6-3 Loss to Growlers - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Drop Thanksgiving Eve Showdown to Maine 4-2 - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Double up the Thunder 6-3 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Admirals: November 25, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - November 24 - ECHL
- Defenseman Evan Wardley Returns to Steelheads from Syracuse - Idaho Steelheads
- Montana Onyebuchi Recalled by Barracuda - Orlando Solar Bears
- Szydlowski Back with Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Oilers Sign Experienced Forward Darren McCormick - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Trois-Rivières Receives Reading at the Colisée Vidéotron - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Game Preview: Everblades at Icemen, November 24, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Thunder Starts Busy Week Tonight vs. Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Zach Hall Returns as the Americans Open a Series in Idaho - Allen Americans
- Royals Visit Lions for Start of Thanksgiving Week Trifecta - Reading Royals
- Everblades to Open Three-Game Trip to Jacksonville - Florida Everblades
- Icemen Use Two Shorthanded Goals to Rally Past Stingrays - Jacksonville Icemen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Weekly
- Americans Fall to Rapid City
- Game Day Preview: Americans Host Rapid City, 2:05 PM
- Antoine Bibeau Recalled
- Americans Weekly