Phantoms Power Play
Phantoms In The Community:
The PPL Center hosted the families of the Valley Youth House for a special thanksgiving dinner last week. Phantoms and arena staff stayed late to help serve thanksgiving dinner to about 150 people in attendance and even Lehigh Valley Phantoms forward Kurtis Gabriel offered to stay and help as well.
Phantoms On The Ice:
Wednesday, November 27, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 2, WBS Penguins 6
The Phantoms fell in a tough one on Wednesday night against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins with a 6-2 loss in their second trip to Mohegan Sun Arena this season. Tyler Wotherspoon scored his first as a Phantom and Pascal Laberge got his second but the Penguins scored two goals in each period to secure the victory on Thanksgiving eve.
Friday, November 29, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 6, WBS Penguins 5 (OT)
Lehigh Valley came out flying in the rematch Friday night, scoring four goals in the first period, the most in a period this season. The Phantoms went up 5-0 before the Penguins began to fight back, and had an equally impressive period, potting four in the third to tie the game 5-5 and force overtime. T.J. Brennan scored the overtime winner to secure the two points for the Phantoms in thrilling fashion.
Saturday, November 30, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 2, Hartford Wolf Pack 1 (OT)
The Phantoms and Hartford Wolf Pack played a goaltender battle on Saturday night that extended into overtime for the second consecutive night. After each team was only able to light the lamp once in regulation, Andy Welinski scored his second overtime winner this season to win it 2-1 for the Phantoms in their first meeting against the first place Wolf Pack.
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
vs. Springfield Thunderbirds - MassMutual Center
The Phantoms will make their second and final trip to Springfield this year, after they fell 2-1 in a Wednesday morning game on November 13. Greg Carey scored the only Lehigh Valley goal and Alex Lyon made 33 saves but Chris Driedger was able to save 41 of the Phantoms 42 shots to get the Thunderbirds the win.
Friday, December 6, 2019
vs. Hershey Bears - PPL Center
The Hershey Bears will make another trip to PPL Center for the start of a home-and-home weekend starting on Friday night in Allentown. The Phantoms will host Pink in the Rink Night against Hershey and Lehigh Valley won the last meeting in Allentown 3-2 with an overtime victory thanks to an Andy Welinski goal.
Saturday, December 7, 2019
vs. Hershey Bears - Giant Center
Lehigh Valley will rematch Hershey on Saturday as they make their second trip to Giant Center this year after they fell in a shootout 3-2 on November 10. J-F Berube was excellent, even in defeat, making 35 saves on 37 shots for the Phantoms.
3 Stars of the Week:
Not For The Faint of Heart
Through the Phantoms first 22 games, 16 of them have been decided by just one goal, which leads all AHL teams and is at least two games more than any other team. Lehigh Valley's nine overtime games is the second most in the AHL, trailing only Hartford.
T.J. Brennan scored the overtime winner for Lehigh Valley on November 29 and it marked his fifth OT winner for the Phantoms, tying him for second in franchise history with Peter White. Only John Slaney had more with six.
Phantoms Co-Captain, Nate Prosser skated in his 500th professional game on Friday night. The 33-year-old defenseman has played 354 NHL games, mostly for the Minnesota Wild.
Service Electric's TV2 Sports will again be broadcasting all of the Phantoms' regular season home games live during the 2019-20 season. If you can't make it out to the rink, be sure to catch all the exciting action in high definition with Steve Degler, Todd Fedoruk, Doug Heater, Dan Fremuth and Kristi Fulkerson!
And be sure to catch each and every Phantoms game this season live on 1470-AM WSAN, 790-AM WAEB or via the Phantoms365 app! Join Bob Rotruck, for all of the heart-pumping action of Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey whether the team is at home or on the road.
TICKETS & INFO
Tickets for each and every Phantoms home game throughout the 2019-20 season are available online at PhantomsHockey.com, by calling 610-224-GOAL  or in-person at the QNB Box Office [7th & Hamilton].
Images from this story
Lehigh Valley Phantoms right wing Kurtis Gabriel
Lehigh Valley Phantoms goaltender Alex Lyon
T.J. Brennan receives congratulations from his Lehigh Valley Phantoms teammates
Lehigh Valley Phantoms co-captain Nate Prosser
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2019
- Admirals Winning Streak Comes to An End - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Assign Boomhower to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Detroit Assigns Hirose and Zadina to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weekly: Penguins Finish Excellent November with Big-Time Offense - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- After First AHL Win, Daccord Seeking More - Belleville Senators
- San Diego Gulls Recall Gates from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Forward Lukas Craggs Suspended by AHL - Milwaukee Admirals
- Matt Weis Re-Assigned to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Bears Weekly: Win on World Record Teddy Bear Toss Night Hopes to Get Club on Track - Hershey Bears
- Ontario Reign Gala, Pins & Pucks On-Sale Now - Ontario Reign
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Griffins Host Two Illinois Squads this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Team up with Physicians Ambulance to Present Season of Giving - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves Affecting Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Boston Bruins' Brad Marchand Named Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month - AHL
- Admirals to Donate $3 from December 13 Ticket Sales to Children's - Milwaukee Admirals
- Reign Assign Baylis to Fort Wayne - Ontario Reign
- Sens Recall Bourque, Reassign Beauchemin - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Anselmini to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 9 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman T.J. Melancon to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Game 21 Preview: Colorado at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Selected to Host NCAA DI Men's Ice Hockey Regionals in 2022, 2023, and 2025
- Phantoms Sign D Logan Day to a One-Year Deal
- Flyers Sign Alex Lyon to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts