Monsters Team up with Physicians Ambulance to Present Season of Giving
CLEVELAND - On this special day of Giving Tuesday, the Cleveland Monsters are proud to announce the team's Season of Giving presented by
Physicians Ambulance that will impact many organizations and residents throughout Northeast Ohio.
In addition to volunteering time throughout the holiday season through local charitable organizations, the Monsters Community Foundation announced they will donate $1,500 apiece to Cleveland Hope Lodge, St. Herman House, Cleveland State University's STEMM Education Center and Halloran Skating Program in conjuction with Giving Tuesday. The organizations were chosen as they support key focuses of the Monsters Community Foundation with cancer research, combating homelessness, STEM education and breaking down barriers to entry in youth hockey. These donations are made possible by the generosity of Monsters fans.
"We are very excited to join with Physicians Ambulance to make a difference during the season of giving," said Monsters President & COO Mike Ostrowski. "We hope that these efforts can help to make the holiday season that much brighter for families and individuals in our community."
Giving Tuesday is a movement that aims to create an international day of charitable giving at the beginning of the holiday season. Along with the team's monetary donations, Monsters front office staff members will spend the day setting up holiday decorations at Eliza Bryant Nursing Home and serving lunch at St. Herman House whose mission is to support homeless men in the Cleveland area on their path to well-being.
Season of Giving will run until the end of December and feature several other volunteer opportunities for the Monsters' front office staff, players and their families as well as employees from Physicians Ambulance. The Monsters Better Halves, a group made up of the player's wives, significant others and kids, will be helping along the way by making stops at Laura's Home (City Mission) to play holiday games with the children and serving breakfast at Cleveland Hope Lodge, a home that provides free housing for cancer patients and their caregivers.
As a special Season of Giving initiative, the Monsters and Physicans Ambulance have teamed up to provide holiday help to three local families in need through their Adopt-a-Family program with assistance from the Cuyahoga County Division of Children and Family Services. Monsters' players will also be making a special holiday visit to the patients at University Hospital's Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital at the end of the month. The front office staff has also teamed up with Monsters Hockey Club members to collect hats, gloves and scarves for families in the Ohio Guidestone network.
Fans will have an opportunity to join in on the Season of Giving through the annual Cavs and Monsters Toy Drive presented by Lexus running through the month of December. Monsters fans can drop a new, unwrapped toy in the bins around the FieldHouse entrances on December 13th and 14th and at the end of the month, the Monsters and Cavs will match the total amount of toys donated. The Monsters will also be hosting their annual Chuck-A-Bear night on the 14th encouraging fans to bring a new stuffed animal to throw on the ice following the first Cleveland goal to be collected for distribution to Northeast Children's Hospitals.
The Monsters' Season of Giving began following their Hockey Fights Cancer game on November 22nd which benefitted Prayers From Maria, a local pediatric cancer organization. A $14,000 donation was made to Prayers From Maria on behalf of the Monsters Community Foundation from a combination of proceeds via a specialty jersey auction, a matching donation amount made by the Monsters organization and fundraising efforts at the team's Community Corner at the game that evening.
2019-20 Monsters Single Game Tickets are on sale NOW starting at ONLY $10 PER SEAT! Monsters Hockey Club Memberships are also available, providing members the lowest possible ticket prices, best seat locations, exclusive members only events like the Monsters' annual Meet the Team party and an exclusive, FREE Monsters Jersey or Hoodie! Group outing and birthday bash packages for ten or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased at ClevelandMonsters.com, by calling (216) 420-0000 or by visiting any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart.
Images from this story
Cleveland Monsters Teddy Bear Toss
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2019
- Admirals Winning Streak Comes to An End - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Assign Boomhower to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Detroit Assigns Hirose and Zadina to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weekly: Penguins Finish Excellent November with Big-Time Offense - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- After First AHL Win, Daccord Seeking More - Belleville Senators
- San Diego Gulls Recall Gates from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Forward Lukas Craggs Suspended by AHL - Milwaukee Admirals
- Matt Weis Re-Assigned to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Bears Weekly: Win on World Record Teddy Bear Toss Night Hopes to Get Club on Track - Hershey Bears
- Ontario Reign Gala, Pins & Pucks On-Sale Now - Ontario Reign
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Griffins Host Two Illinois Squads this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Team up with Physicians Ambulance to Present Season of Giving - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves Affecting Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Boston Bruins' Brad Marchand Named Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month - AHL
- Admirals to Donate $3 from December 13 Ticket Sales to Children's - Milwaukee Admirals
- Reign Assign Baylis to Fort Wayne - Ontario Reign
- Sens Recall Bourque, Reassign Beauchemin - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Anselmini to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 9 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman T.J. Melancon to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Game 21 Preview: Colorado at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters to Host Girls Street Hockey Clinics with Olympian Brianne McLaughlin
- Monsters Sign Forward Zach Jordan to AHL Contract
- Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse Hosts Select Initial Public Events
- Monsters Launch Digital Fan Salute Week Presented by Rascal House
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Regular Season, Playoffs