Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse Crunch
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have recalled forward Cory Conacher from the Syracuse Crunch, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today. The Lightning have also reassigned defenseman Oleg Sosunov from the Orlando Solar Bears to the Crunch.
Conacher, 29, has skated in three games with the Lightning this season, posting one assist and two penalty minutes. He's appeared in 192 career NHL games, registering 28 goals and 75 points to go along with 116 penalty minutes. The 5-foot-8, 185-pound forward has also appeared in 18 games with the Crunch in 2019-20, recording six goals and 13 points to go along with 19 penalty minutes. The Burlington, Ontario native ranks fourth on Syracuse for both goals and points.
Sosunov, 21, has played in two games with the Crunch and six contests with the Solar Bears this season. He appeared in 20 games with the Crunch last season recording one goal. He also registered a goal and four assists in 17 games with the Solar Bears.
Sosunov was selected by the Lightning in the sixth round, 178th overall, at the 2016 NHL Draft.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2019-20 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2019
- Admirals Winning Streak Comes to An End - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Assign Boomhower to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Detroit Assigns Hirose and Zadina to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weekly: Penguins Finish Excellent November with Big-Time Offense - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- After First AHL Win, Daccord Seeking More - Belleville Senators
- San Diego Gulls Recall Gates from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Forward Lukas Craggs Suspended by AHL - Milwaukee Admirals
- Matt Weis Re-Assigned to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Bears Weekly: Win on World Record Teddy Bear Toss Night Hopes to Get Club on Track - Hershey Bears
- Ontario Reign Gala, Pins & Pucks On-Sale Now - Ontario Reign
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Griffins Host Two Illinois Squads this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Team up with Physicians Ambulance to Present Season of Giving - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves Affecting Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Boston Bruins' Brad Marchand Named Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month - AHL
- Admirals to Donate $3 from December 13 Ticket Sales to Children's - Milwaukee Admirals
- Reign Assign Baylis to Fort Wayne - Ontario Reign
- Sens Recall Bourque, Reassign Beauchemin - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Anselmini to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 9 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman T.J. Melancon to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Game 21 Preview: Colorado at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Stanley Steemer Teddy and Toy Toss Drive-Thru December 5
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman Devante Stephens to AHL Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Ross Colton to One-Year Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Ben Thomas
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman, Goaltender Chris Gibson