Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves Affecting Gulls
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled left wing Max Comtois and defenseman Josh Mahura from the San Diego Gulls, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, the club has reassigned left wing Max Jones to San Diego.
Comtois, 20 (1/8/99), has collected 2-3=5 points with six penalty minutes (PIM) in 13 games with the Ducks this season. Selected by Anaheim in the second round (50th overall) of the 2017 NHL Draft, Comtois has registered 4-8=12 points with a +3 rating and 13 PIM in 23 career NHL games with the Ducks.
Comtois appeared in eight games with the Gulls this season, earning 0-6=6 points with a +1 rating and eight PIM. The 6-2, 215-pound forward owns 1-6=7 points and 10 PIM in 12 career AHL games with the Gulls. He has also appeared in 12 career Calder Cup Playoff games, recording 5-4=9 points with a +4 rating and four PIM.
Mahura, 21 (5/5/98), has earned 1-3=4 points and two PIM in eight games with the Ducks this season. Appearing in 25 career NHL games with Anaheim, Mahura has collected 2-7=9 points and six PIM.
Selected by Anaheim in the third round (85th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft, Mahura began the regular season in the AHL and posted two assists along with a +1 rating in 10 games. The 6-0, 186-pound defenseman has played 50 career AHL games with the Gulls, recording 1-20=21 points with 14 PIM.
Jones, 21 (2/17/98), posted three goals, two assists and 10 PIM in 23 games with the Ducks this season. Since making his NHL debut with Anaheim last season, Jones has registered 5-5=10 points with 24 PIM in 53 career NHL games.
Selected by Anaheim in the first round (24th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft, Jones has collected 14-15=29 points with a +8 rating and 50 PIM in 44 career AHL games with San Diego. The 6-1, 220-pound forward made his Gulls season debut Nov. 2 vs. Colorado, posting a +1 rating in a 5-2 victory in San Diego.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2019
- Admirals Winning Streak Comes to An End - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Assign Boomhower to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Detroit Assigns Hirose and Zadina to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weekly: Penguins Finish Excellent November with Big-Time Offense - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- After First AHL Win, Daccord Seeking More - Belleville Senators
- San Diego Gulls Recall Gates from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Forward Lukas Craggs Suspended by AHL - Milwaukee Admirals
- Matt Weis Re-Assigned to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Bears Weekly: Win on World Record Teddy Bear Toss Night Hopes to Get Club on Track - Hershey Bears
- Ontario Reign Gala, Pins & Pucks On-Sale Now - Ontario Reign
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Griffins Host Two Illinois Squads this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Team up with Physicians Ambulance to Present Season of Giving - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves Affecting Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Boston Bruins' Brad Marchand Named Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month - AHL
- Admirals to Donate $3 from December 13 Ticket Sales to Children's - Milwaukee Admirals
- Reign Assign Baylis to Fort Wayne - Ontario Reign
- Sens Recall Bourque, Reassign Beauchemin - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Anselmini to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 9 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman T.J. Melancon to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Game 21 Preview: Colorado at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.