Admirals Winning Streak Comes to An End
Cedar Park, TX- Texas goalie Jake Oettinger stopped 39 shots to lead the Stars to a 5-1 win over the Milwaukee Admirals Tuesday at HEB Center at Cedar Park.
The loss ended Milwaukee's franchise-record 13-game winning streak. It was Milwaukee's first loss since a 1-0 defeat at the hands of the Iowa Wild Nov. 1. It was the Admirals first loss on the road since Oct. 23 at Grand Rapids.
The game was scoreless until the second period. Milwaukee scored the first goal on the power play when Yakov Trenin tapped in a rebound of a Matt Donovan shot for his 14th goal of the season at 4:18. It was Trenin's third power play goal of the year and came one day after he was named AHL Player of the Week. Assists went to Donovan and Eeli Tolvanen.
After Trenin's goal, it was all Texas. The Stars scored four goals on a total of four shots in the second period. Jason Robertson scored on the power play at 7:01 of the second period. That was followed by goals from Rhett Gardner at 8:29, Joel L'Esperance at 9:21 and Adam Mascherin at 16:53.
Michael Mersch added a goal at 4:11 of the third period to give the Stars a 5-1 lead.
The Admirals return home from its three-game road trip to host Iowa at UWM Panther Arena Fri., Dec. 6.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2019
- Admirals Winning Streak Comes to An End - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Assign Boomhower to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Detroit Assigns Hirose and Zadina to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Weekly: Penguins Finish Excellent November with Big-Time Offense - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- After First AHL Win, Daccord Seeking More - Belleville Senators
- San Diego Gulls Recall Gates from Tulsa - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Forward Lukas Craggs Suspended by AHL - Milwaukee Admirals
- Matt Weis Re-Assigned to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Bears Weekly: Win on World Record Teddy Bear Toss Night Hopes to Get Club on Track - Hershey Bears
- Ontario Reign Gala, Pins & Pucks On-Sale Now - Ontario Reign
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Griffins Host Two Illinois Squads this Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Monsters Team up with Physicians Ambulance to Present Season of Giving - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves Affecting Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Boston Bruins' Brad Marchand Named Ephesus/AHL Graduate of the Month - AHL
- Admirals to Donate $3 from December 13 Ticket Sales to Children's - Milwaukee Admirals
- Reign Assign Baylis to Fort Wayne - Ontario Reign
- Sens Recall Bourque, Reassign Beauchemin - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Anselmini to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 9 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Defenseman T.J. Melancon to PTO - Syracuse Crunch
- Game 21 Preview: Colorado at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.