Phantoms Acquire G Tom McCollum and F Lewis Zerter-Gossage
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, have acquired goalie Tom McCollum and forward Lewis Zerter-Gossage from the Hartford Wolf Pack in exchange for future considerations. Both players have been assigned to the Reading Royals of the ECHL.
McCollum, 30, has appeared in seven games for the Hartford Wolf Pack this season and has a 2-2-2 record with a 2.37 goals-against average and 0.906 save percentage. He has also split time with the Maine Mariners (11 games, 5-5-0) and the Florida Everblades (3 games, 3-0) in the ECHL.
A native of Amherst, New York, McCollum was drafted in the first round (#30) in the 2008 NHL Draft by the Detroit Red Wings. He has played three games for Detroit and made his NHL debut on March 30, 2011 against the St. Louis Blues and earned his first NHL victory on January 18, 2015 against the Buffalo Sabres. Overall, McCollum has played 322 AHL games for Grand Rapids, Charlotte, Stockton, Milwaukee and Hartford. He has a 149-119-25 record with a 2.71 GAA and 0.907 save percentage with 11 shutouts.
Zerter-Gossage, 24, is in his first professional season and has played in 25 games for the Wolf Pack this year, registering two goals and one assist for three points. He has also appeared in 13 games for the Maine Mariners, notching a goal and five assists for six points in the ECHL.
A native of Montreal, Quebec, Zerter-Gossage played four years at Harvard University, including a season with Phantoms forward Kyle Criscuolo in 2015-16. He helped Harvard capture the 2016-17 ECAC Championship in his sophomore season. He was signed to an AHL contract by the Wolf Pack on July 30, 2019.
Images from this story
Goaltender Tom McCollum with the Hartford Wolf Pack
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2020
- Condors Home Tomorrow with $2 Beer (805) and $1 Hot Dogs - Bakersfield Condors
- Dries Recalled by Avalanche, Tynan, McGauley, Wagner Return to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Lashoff Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Diego Gulls Announce New Gulls Elite Membership Program - San Diego Gulls
- Graham Knott Reassigned to Pengunis from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 20 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Join the Hogs Friday for $2 Bud Lights - Rockford IceHogs
- Florida Panthers Recall F Dryden Hunt from Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Griffins Rally Past Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canucks Return Guillaume Brisebois and Tyler Graovac to Comets - Utica Comets
- Florida Panthers Acquire F Danick Martel from Tampa Bay Lightning - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Tampa Bay Lightning Acquire Forward Anthony Greco from Florida Panthers - Syracuse Crunch
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Reassign Left Wing Joel Kiviranta to Texas - Texas Stars
- Toronto at Texas Game Rescheduled for March 2 - Toronto Marlies
- Thunderbirds Recall D Dylan MacPherson from Loan to Greenville - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Game against Toronto Rescheduled for March 2 - Texas Stars
- Wolf Pack Trade Tom McCollum and Lewis Zerter-Gossage to Lehigh Valley - Hartford Wolf Pack
- NHL Defensemen Shayne Gostisbehere Joins Phantoms for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Phantoms Acquire G Tom McCollum and F Lewis Zerter-Gossage - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Gulls Topple Stockton, 3-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Quine Extends Record Point Streak, Heat Fall 3-2 - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Stuns Milwaukee with 3-2 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Drop 5-4 Shootout Decision to Moose - Laval Rocket
- Admirals Fall Late to Wild - Milwaukee Admirals
- Senators Rally to Top Amerks in Overtime - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- Kurtis Gabriel Named Lehigh Valley's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- PPL Center Donates Food to Lehigh Valley Organizations During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Lyon Makes 33 Saves to Earn Point for Lehigh Valley
- Connor Bunnaman Recalled by Philadelphia
- Phantoms Recall Eric Knodel from Reading; Friedman to Flyers