NHL Defensemen Shayne Gostisbehere Joins Phantoms for Conditioning
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers have announced today that defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere has been assigned to their AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms on a conditioning loan.
Gostisbehere, 26 is currently in his sixth professional season after he began his career with the Phantoms at the end of the 2013-14 season. He made his professional debut on April 18, 2014 for the Adirondack Phantoms against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Gostisbehere began the next two seasons with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, playing five games in 2014-15 and 14 in 2015-16. In total, the defenseman has played 21 games for the Phantoms and tallied two goals and 13 assists for 15 points.
A native of Pembroke Pines, Florida, Gostisbehere has registered 12 points on five goals and seven assists in 41 games with the Philadelphia Flyers this season and has been sidelined since having arthroscopic knee surgery on January 14. Over six seasons, he has played 339 games for the Flyers and totaled 51 goals, 148 assists and 199 points. He ranks sixth all-time in Flyers history for most points by a defensemen. He was named to the 2015-16 NHL All-Rookie team and finished second in the Calder Memorial Trophy voting after beginning the season with Lehigh Valley.
Originally drafted in the third round (#78) of the 2012 NHL Draft by Philadelphia, Gostisbehere played three seasons at Union College, and led them to the 2013-14 NCAA Championship in his junior year, being named the NCAA Tournament MVP, a First team All-American, and the ECAC Player of the Year. He helped the United States win a Gold Medal at the 2013 World Juniors, alongside former Phantom Cole Bardreau.
Gostisbehere will be available for this weekend's games, starting on Friday night in Rochester. He last played for the Phantoms on November 13, 2015 against the Rochester Americans and tallied two assists in 7-1 win.
Images from this story
Defensemen Shayne Gostisbehere with the Philadelphia Flyers
Defensemen Shayne Gostisbehere with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2020
- Condors Home Tomorrow with $2 Beer (805) and $1 Hot Dogs - Bakersfield Condors
- Dries Recalled by Avalanche, Tynan, McGauley, Wagner Return to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Lashoff Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Diego Gulls Announce New Gulls Elite Membership Program - San Diego Gulls
- Graham Knott Reassigned to Pengunis from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 20 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Join the Hogs Friday for $2 Bud Lights - Rockford IceHogs
- Florida Panthers Recall F Dryden Hunt from Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Griffins Rally Past Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canucks Return Guillaume Brisebois and Tyler Graovac to Comets - Utica Comets
- Florida Panthers Acquire F Danick Martel from Tampa Bay Lightning - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Tampa Bay Lightning Acquire Forward Anthony Greco from Florida Panthers - Syracuse Crunch
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Dallas Stars Reassign Left Wing Joel Kiviranta to Texas - Texas Stars
- Toronto at Texas Game Rescheduled for March 2 - Toronto Marlies
- Thunderbirds Recall D Dylan MacPherson from Loan to Greenville - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Game against Toronto Rescheduled for March 2 - Texas Stars
- Wolf Pack Trade Tom McCollum and Lewis Zerter-Gossage to Lehigh Valley - Hartford Wolf Pack
- NHL Defensemen Shayne Gostisbehere Joins Phantoms for Conditioning - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Phantoms Acquire G Tom McCollum and F Lewis Zerter-Gossage - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Gulls Topple Stockton, 3-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Quine Extends Record Point Streak, Heat Fall 3-2 - Stockton Heat
- Iowa Stuns Milwaukee with 3-2 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Drop 5-4 Shootout Decision to Moose - Laval Rocket
- Admirals Fall Late to Wild - Milwaukee Admirals
- Senators Rally to Top Amerks in Overtime - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- Mark Friedman Signs Two-Year Contract Extension
- 11 Phantoms Make Flyers Training Camp Roster
- Phantoms Owner Part of AHL Return to Play Task Force
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- GOALS4LV Challenge Has Raised $6,550 in Just Two Weeks