Parsons Powers Stockton Past Ontario
ONTARIO, Calif. - Tyler Parsons set a new Heat team record for single-game saves with 51 on 53 shots faced and Tyler Graovac recorded his 50th point of the season as Stockton prevailed by a 4-2 final score over the Reign Friday night in Ontario. With the win, the Heat wrap up their second-straight year with a winning road record, finishing the 2018/19 slate 16-15-2-1 away from Stockton Arena. Stockton never trailed on the night after jumping out to a 2-0 lead thanks to the youth, with Mason Morelli netting his second AHL goal, both coming over the last two games, and Nolan Yaremko registering his first-career AHL marker. Zach Fischer, who made his AHL debut in the game, registered an assist on Yaremko's tally. After the Reign tied it through two periods, the veteran Graovac registered his fourth shorthanded goal of the season while claiming the team lead for goals on the year with his 24th, pushing the Heat ahead to a lead they would not relinquish. Stockton will conclude its season Sunday on home ice, playing host to the Bakersfield Condors.
W: Tyler Parsons (53 shots, 51 saves)
L: Peter Budaj (37 shots, 34 saves)
Three Stars: First - Peter Budaj (34 svs), Second - Tyler Graovac (1g), Third - Brett Sutter (1g)
Final Shots: STK - 38, ONT - 53
Power Plays: STK - 0-2, ONT - 1-5
- Mason Morelli now has goals in back-to-back games.
- Nolan Yaremko registered his first pro goal with a score in the first period.
- Zach Fischer made his AHL debut in the game and earned an assist on Yaremko's goal.
- Tyler Graovac hit the 50-point mark and took over Stockton's team lead for goals on the year with his 24th, coming shorthanded, in the third period. It was the Heat's AHL-leading 17th shorthanded goal of the season and tied Graovac with Ryan Lomberg for the team lead with four SHG on the year.
- Tyler Parsons' 51 saves set a new Heat team record, besting Parsons' previous career-high mark of 49 on Jan. 19.
- The Heat finish the season with a road record of 16-15-2-1, marking Stockton's second-straight season of above-.500 play away from home ice.
The Heat return to Stockton on Sunday for the final game of the season, Fan Appreciation Night, at 5 p.m. against the Bakersfield Condors.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 13, 2019
- San Diego Preps for Playoffs with 4-3 Victory over Tucson - San Diego Gulls
- Rampage Close Season with Win over Stars - San Antonio Rampage
- Barracuda Announce First-Round Playoff Schedule - San Jose Barracuda
- San Diego Gulls First-Round Playoff Series Schedule Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Capture Pacific Division Regular Season Title - Bakersfield Condors
- Colorado Eagles Clinch Playoff Spot, First Round Schedule Announced - Colorado Eagles
- Eagles Defeat San Jose 3-2, Punch Ticket to Playoffs - Colorado Eagles
- Barracuda Fall 3-2 in Regular-Season Finale - San Jose Barracuda
- Moose Loss Costs Playoff Shot - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Bound for Playoffs Despite Loss to Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Fall to Rampage 3-1 in Season Finale - Texas Stars
- Iowa Wild Clinches First Playoff Berth in Franchise History - Iowa Wild
- Bridgeport clinches home-ice advantage in the first round of the Calder Cup Playoffs - Bridgeport Islanders
- Wolves Eliminate Manitoba, Set First-Round Playoff Dates - Chicago Wolves
- Olofsson Scores Twice in 4-3 Loss to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Finish Season with 5-Straight Wins - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jevpalovs Scores Highlight Reel Goal in Dramatic Overtime Victory to End Season - Laval Rocket
- Admirals Top Griffins, Clinch Spot in Post-Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Claim North Division Title - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Fall to Sound Tigers, 5-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Rockford Eliminated from Playoff Push with Shutout in Iowa - Rockford IceHogs
- Lehigh Valley Catches Pack in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Marlies to Face Rochester Americans in First Round of 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Recall Five from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers to Face Hershey in First Round of Calder Cup Playoffs - Bridgeport Islanders
- Bears Announce Schedule for Playoff Series Versus Bridgeport - Hershey Bears
- Bears Topple Comets, 4-1 - Hershey Bears
- Amerks to Face Toronto Marlies in First Round of the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - Rochester Americans
- Devils Fall to Rocket in Front of Sellout Crowd, 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Greco Becomes First 30-Goal Scorer in T-Birds History in Sold out Finale - Springfield Thunderbirds
- P-Bruins Announce First Round Schedule - Providence Bruins
- Checkers to Face Providence Bruins in First Round of Playoffs - Charlotte Checkers
- Frederic's Hat Trick Helps P-Bruins Clinch Playoff Spot - Providence Bruins
- Comets Drop Road Finale in Hershey - Utica Comets
- Sens Keep Playoff Dream Alive with Overtime Win in Toronto - Belleville Senators
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Game #68 Preview: Tucson vs. San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Battle of Ontario Returns to Toronto - Toronto Marlies
- San Diego Gulls Playoff Tickets on Sale Sunday, April 14 - San Diego Gulls
- Senators Playoff Destiny in Their Own Hands - Belleville Senators
- Bears Recall Defenseman Joey Leach from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Condors Host Fan Appreciation Night with Thousands of Prizes Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Comets at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, April 13 - Belleville Senators
- Garland's Last-Second Winner Jolts Roadrunners Back into a Playoff Spot - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Finish Home Slate with a Loss - Ontario Reign
- Gulls Fall in OT but Clinch Berth - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Clinch Berth in 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - San Diego Gulls
- Parsons Powers Stockton Past Ontario - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.