Parik, Rush Snaps Grizz Win Streak
Rapid City, South Dakota - Lukas Parik saved all 46 shots he saw and the Rapid City Rush got goals from Gabriel Chabot, Ryan Valentini and Logan Nelson as they defeated the Utah Grizzlies 3-0 on a Monday night from the Monument.
Chabot scored 3:58 into the game in what turned out to be the game winner. Valentini scored with 1 second left in a Rush power play as he converted from the left side to make it 2-0. Neither team scored until Logan Nelson scored on a shorthanded empty net goal with 34 seconds left. It is the first time the Grizzlies have allowed a shorthanded goal this season. They were the last team in the league to allow a shorthanded goal this season.
Utah outshot Rapid City 46 to 31. Luka Burzan led Utah with 10 shots and Matthew Boucher had 8 shots. Andrew Nielsen had 6 shots on goal. Trey Bradley and Brian Bowen's 3 game goal streak each came to an end.
Utah was shut out for the first time this season. It's only the 2nd time this season where Utah has scored less than 2 goals in a game. The Grizzlies 6 game winning streak came to an end as their record falls to 17-9-1 on the season.
Garrett Metcalf saved 28 of 30 for Utah in the loss. Earlier in the day Utah goaltender Peyton Jones was reassigned to the AHL's Colorado Eagles. Defenseman Ryan Orgel made his professional debut for Utah. Gehrett Sargis returned to the Utah lineup for the first time since December 4th.
The 4 game series continues on Wednesday night at 7:05 pm. The Grizzlies return home on January 14th, 2022 vs Idaho. Tickets for every Grizzlies home game are available at utahgrizzlies.com or by calling (801) 988-8000.
1. Lukas Parik (RC) - 46 save shutout.
2. Ryan Valentini (RC) - 1 goal, 5 shots.
3. Gabriel Chabot (RC) - 1 goal.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 28, 2021
- Admirals Drop Seventh Straight Game to Indy - Norfolk Admirals
- Lackey Shutout Earns Fuel Win over Norfolk - Indy Fuel
- Morning Tea: Swamp Rabbits at Cyclones - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Brian McCormack to Make NHL Radio Debut Tonight with Vegas - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - December 28 - ECHL
- Goaltender Matt Jurusik Signs AHL Contract with Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Rush Announce 2021-22 Rush Puppy Project - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Home Ice Highlights: December 29-31 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cockerill Signed, Pritchard Signs PTO with Rochester, Ustimenko on Taxi Squad - Reading Royals
- Ara Nazarian Loaned to AHL's Rochester Americans - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game of December 29th and 30th Postponed - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Cyclones Send 3 up to AHL-Americans - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Schedule Update: Postponement of Games - Newfoundland Growlers
- Oilers Take Back to Back Victories over the Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Close in on First Place - Fort Wayne Komets
- Entire Red Wings Alumni Roster Announced for Thursday - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Sign 31-Year-Old Defenseman Smutek - South Carolina Stingrays
- Pelech Named ECHL Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Atlanta's Pelech Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Adirondack's Kasel Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Brandon Kasel Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Adirondack Thunder
- Parik, Rush, Blank Grizzlies, 3-0 - Rapid City Rush
- Parik, Rush Snaps Grizz Win Streak - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.