P-Bruins Return to the Win Column, Defeat Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-2
HARTFORD, CT. - Jack Ahcan scored his first career goal and Jeremy Swayman collected his fourth consecutive victory as the Providence Bruins defeated the Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-2, on Saturday afternoon. Four different P-Bruins skaters recorded multi-point games in the team's second victory over Hartford this season. Providence went 1-for-2 on the power play and 1-for-1 on the penalty kill, outshooting the Wolf Pack by a count of 32-29.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
PROVIDENCE 1 0 3 4
HARTFORD 1 0 1 2
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"It was a great way to bounce back after a disappointing loss a few days ago. I thought our compete level was much better today. We skated hard and made some mistakes along the way, but when we did, we had Sway (Jeremy Swayman) ready to back us up.
I thought we had too many passengers in our last game. Today, everyone was engaged and we're obviously very excited to have gotten the win. This building can be a really hard place to play and I thought we handled that well today."
- Jack Ahcan scored his first career AHL goal with a slap shot from the point on the power play. Ahcan also collected the lone assist on the game opening goal. He has recorded five points (1G, 4A) in seven games this season.
- Jeremy Swayman collected his fourth consecutive win of the season, recording 27 saves on 29 shots. Swayman is 4-0-0 this season with a 2.00 goals against average and .929 save percentage.
- Zach Senyshyn extended his point streak to five games with a goal and an assist. Senyshyn has seven points (4G, 3A) in seven games this season.
- Paul Carey also extended his point streak to five games with two assists today. Carey has eight points (0G, 8A) through seven games this season.
- Cameron Hughes collected his second multi-point game of the season with two assists. Hughes has six points (2G, 4A) in seven games this season.
- Jakub Lauko scored the game-winning goal for Providence, his second tally of the season. Lauko has six points (2G, 4A) in six games this season.
- Anton Blidh picked up his first goal of the season. Blidh has two points (1G, 1A) through four games.
- Samuel Asselin collected his third helper of the season with an assist on Blidh's third period goal.
- The P-Bruins will return to Hartford, Connecticut and take on the Hartford Wolf Pack on Tuesday, March 2 at XL Center. Puck drop is set for 1 p.m. ET.
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS
TEAM GP PTS
PROVIDENCE 7 10
HARTFORD 5 4
BRIDGEPORT 6 4 ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 27, 2021
- Phantoms Rally Late for Standings Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Iowa Falls Short of Comeback in 3-2 Loss at Texas - Iowa Wild
- Shorthanded Monsters Battle to 6-3 Win over IceHogs - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Fall to Comets, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Arseneau Two Goals Help Comets Topple Crunch, Win 4-2 - Utica Comets
- Special Teams Not Enough in Loss to Henderson - San Diego Gulls
- Manitoba Edged by Laval, 2-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Henderson Sweeps Series against San Diego After 4-2 Victory - Henderson Silver Knights
- Fucale and Bears Blank Devils, 3-0 - Hershey Bears
- Bears Blank Devils, 3-0 - Binghamton Devils
- P-Bruins Return to the Win Column, Defeat Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Providence Doubles Pack Saturday - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game #7 Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Top Colorado in OT - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wild Forward Adam Beckman Returns to WHL - Iowa Wild
- Florida Panthers Reassign Forward Greg Meireles to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Devils at Bears, 4 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs and Monsters Take Four-Game Series on the Road to Cleveland Starting Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Fall 5-3 to Wild in Back and Forth Affair - Texas Stars
- Gulls Topped by Henderson, 3-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Silver Knights Remain Undefeated at Home with 3-2 Win over Gulls - Henderson Silver Knights
- Tucson Stages Dramatic Comeback to Defeat Eagles, 4-3 in OT - Colorado Eagles
- Griffins Put Blemish on Wolves' Perfect Record, Win Fourth Straight - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Moose Edged, 4-3 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Score Late Third Period Goal to Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 2-1
- Steen Scores in Overtime as P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2
- Hartford Wolf Pack Score Three First Period Goals, Take Down P-Bruins, 4-2
- P-Bruins Continue to Lead Division, Defeat Hartford Wolf Pack, 6-1
- P-Bruins Win Third Consecutive Game, Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 5-2