Bears Blank Devils, 3-0
NEWARK - Zach Fucale stopped all 22 shots he faced as the Hershey Bears blanked the Binghamton Devils on Saturday night, 3-0, inside Giant Center.
Joe Snively gave the Bears a 1-0 just 5:15 into the game on a loose puck in front of the net. Goaltender Evan Cormier tried to locate the puck in traffic, however, Snively pulled it free and flicked it into the net for the one-goal lead. The goal was Snively's second of the year with assists from Garrett Pilon and Mason Morelli and the Bears took the lead into the intermission.
Hershey cashed in on a power play later in the second period to take a 2-0 lead. Connor McMichael fired a shot from the right wall and Matt Moulson deflected it by Cormier for his second tally of the year. Moulson's goal came at 16:22 with assists from McMichael and Cameron Schilling and Binghamton trailed by two to start the third.
Mike Sgarbossa added to lead after a great ass by Pilon from below the goal line. Pilon hit Sgarbossa with a pass at the bottom of the hash marks and he immediately sent the puck over the shoulder of Cormier for a 3-0 lead. The lone assist was given to Pilon and the Bears held onto that three-goal lead the rest of the game. Cormier denied 18 of 21 in the loss while Zach Fucale put aside all 22 shots he faced.
The Devils return to the ice next Saturday, March 7 against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 7:00 p.m. inside RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House.
Stay current with the latest team news by visiting www.binghamtondevils.com or downloading the team's Mobile App for Apple and Android devices. Tune in to every game this season LIVE on Fox Sports 1430 Binghamton and AHLTV. Follow the Devils all year long on Facebook (/bingdevils), Twitter (@BingDevils), and Instagram (@bingdevils).
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils defenseman Connor Carrick vs. the Hershey Bears
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 27, 2021
- Phantoms Rally Late for Standings Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Iowa Falls Short of Comeback in 3-2 Loss at Texas - Iowa Wild
- Shorthanded Monsters Battle to 6-3 Win over IceHogs - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Fall to Comets, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Arseneau Two Goals Help Comets Topple Crunch, Win 4-2 - Utica Comets
- Special Teams Not Enough in Loss to Henderson - San Diego Gulls
- Manitoba Edged by Laval, 2-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Henderson Sweeps Series against San Diego After 4-2 Victory - Henderson Silver Knights
- Fucale and Bears Blank Devils, 3-0 - Hershey Bears
- Bears Blank Devils, 3-0 - Binghamton Devils
- P-Bruins Return to the Win Column, Defeat Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Providence Doubles Pack Saturday - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game #7 Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Top Colorado in OT - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wild Forward Adam Beckman Returns to WHL - Iowa Wild
- Florida Panthers Reassign Forward Greg Meireles to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Devils at Bears, 4 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs and Monsters Take Four-Game Series on the Road to Cleveland Starting Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Fall 5-3 to Wild in Back and Forth Affair - Texas Stars
- Gulls Topped by Henderson, 3-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Silver Knights Remain Undefeated at Home with 3-2 Win over Gulls - Henderson Silver Knights
- Tucson Stages Dramatic Comeback to Defeat Eagles, 4-3 in OT - Colorado Eagles
- Griffins Put Blemish on Wolves' Perfect Record, Win Fourth Straight - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Moose Edged, 4-3 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.