Arseneau Two Goals Help Comets Topple Crunch, Win 4-2
Utica, NY - The Comets continue their winning ways as they were victorious for the second straight game and have now taken points in five straight after they defeated the Syracuse Crunch on the road by a 4-2 score.
In the first period, Vincent Arseneau scored his second goal is as many games when he wristed a shot past the glove side of Syracuse goalie Samuel Montembeault just 2:03 into the period. It was the Comets first shot of the game. They followed up with another tally, this time on the power play, after Kole Lind deflected a Mitch Reinke one-timer home at 8:42. With the Comets up 2-0, Sven Baertschi was awarded a penalty shot but failed to convert. Minutes later, Syracuse took advantage of an opportunity after Otto Somppi redirected a centering pass by Gage Concalves through Utica netminder Jake Kielly. This cut the Comets lead to 2-1 after one period of play.
In the middle frame, Crunch goalie Montembeault mishandled the puck behind his net and Arseneau took advantage for his second tally of the game as he gave the Comets a 3-1 lead at 13:01. However, the Crunch answered back when Ryan Lohin struck at 16:41 cutting the Utica lead to 3-2 going into the final period. The only goal of the final period saw an empty netter potted by Sven Baertschi after an unselfish play by Kole Lind bypassed scoring himself to assist on Baertschi's second of the season.
The Comets ended the game 1 for 5 on the power play while the Crunch were 0 for six. Utica will be in action again when they visit Rochester on Wednesday night.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 27, 2021
- Phantoms Rally Late for Standings Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Iowa Falls Short of Comeback in 3-2 Loss at Texas - Iowa Wild
- Shorthanded Monsters Battle to 6-3 Win over IceHogs - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Fall to Comets, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Arseneau Two Goals Help Comets Topple Crunch, Win 4-2 - Utica Comets
- Special Teams Not Enough in Loss to Henderson - San Diego Gulls
- Manitoba Edged by Laval, 2-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Henderson Sweeps Series against San Diego After 4-2 Victory - Henderson Silver Knights
- Fucale and Bears Blank Devils, 3-0 - Hershey Bears
- Bears Blank Devils, 3-0 - Binghamton Devils
- P-Bruins Return to the Win Column, Defeat Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Providence Doubles Pack Saturday - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game #7 Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Top Colorado in OT - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wild Forward Adam Beckman Returns to WHL - Iowa Wild
- Florida Panthers Reassign Forward Greg Meireles to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Devils at Bears, 4 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs and Monsters Take Four-Game Series on the Road to Cleveland Starting Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Fall 5-3 to Wild in Back and Forth Affair - Texas Stars
- Gulls Topped by Henderson, 3-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Silver Knights Remain Undefeated at Home with 3-2 Win over Gulls - Henderson Silver Knights
- Tucson Stages Dramatic Comeback to Defeat Eagles, 4-3 in OT - Colorado Eagles
- Griffins Put Blemish on Wolves' Perfect Record, Win Fourth Straight - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Moose Edged, 4-3 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.