Game #7 Tucson at Colorado
Regular Season Game #7 - Tucson at Colorado
7 PM MST, Budweiser Events Center, Loveland, Colorado
LISTEN LIVE HERE |WATCH LIVE HERE
Roadrunners Current Roster: CLICK HERE
Referees: Beau Halkidis (48), Justin Kea (20)
Linesmen: Jamie Alary (60) Chase McGee (1)
The Roadrunners continue their road series with the Colorado Eagles Saturday night at 7pm, looking to win two out of three over the Eagles. Tucson improved to 5-1 for the second straight season Friday with a 4-3 overtime victory, thanks to two goals in the final two minutes of regulation, followed by an overtime game-winner from Kevin Roy.
1) Roadrunners forward Kevin Roy tallied two goals in Friday night's overtime win, including the deciding tally with less than fifteen seconds left in sudden-death. Roy is new to Tucson this season, having split last season between the Springfield Thunderbirds and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Roy now has four goals and four assists in five games with the Roadrunners.
2) Tucson veterans Michael Bunting and Lane Pederson each extended their point streaks to five games Friday, with each recording an assist on a different Kevin Roy goal. They're each tied for the AHL lead in points with nine, and Pederson is tied for second in assists with seven.
3) Roadrunners netminder Ivan Prosvetov is now tied for most wins in the AHL with five and has done so in two less games than San Diego Gulls backstop Lukas Dostal, the only other goaltender with five wins. Prosvetov is fourth in total saves with 191 stopped shots.
What's The Word? Roadrunners defenseman Jordan Schmaltz on Tucson's comeback win against the Eagles Friday night in Colorado.
"When we got to the third period, our game plan was just 'let's keep it simple, let's get pucks behind their defense and let's go to work and make them make mistakes,' and we did that and got the job done."
Number to Know 14 - The number of seconds remaining on the clock when Tucson defenseman Kyle Capobianco scored from the blue line to send Friday night's contest to overtime, and the amount of time remaining in overtime when Kevin Roy slipped through the three-on-three Colorado defense to score the game-winning goal for the Roadrunners.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 27, 2021
- Phantoms Rally Late for Standings Point - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Iowa Falls Short of Comeback in 3-2 Loss at Texas - Iowa Wild
- Shorthanded Monsters Battle to 6-3 Win over IceHogs - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Fall to Comets, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Arseneau Two Goals Help Comets Topple Crunch, Win 4-2 - Utica Comets
- Special Teams Not Enough in Loss to Henderson - San Diego Gulls
- Manitoba Edged by Laval, 2-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Henderson Sweeps Series against San Diego After 4-2 Victory - Henderson Silver Knights
- Fucale and Bears Blank Devils, 3-0 - Hershey Bears
- Bears Blank Devils, 3-0 - Binghamton Devils
- P-Bruins Return to the Win Column, Defeat Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Providence Doubles Pack Saturday - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game #7 Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Top Colorado in OT - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wild Forward Adam Beckman Returns to WHL - Iowa Wild
- Florida Panthers Reassign Forward Greg Meireles to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Devils at Bears, 4 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs and Monsters Take Four-Game Series on the Road to Cleveland Starting Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Fall 5-3 to Wild in Back and Forth Affair - Texas Stars
- Gulls Topped by Henderson, 3-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Silver Knights Remain Undefeated at Home with 3-2 Win over Gulls - Henderson Silver Knights
- Tucson Stages Dramatic Comeback to Defeat Eagles, 4-3 in OT - Colorado Eagles
- Griffins Put Blemish on Wolves' Perfect Record, Win Fourth Straight - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Moose Edged, 4-3 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Tucson Roadrunners' Road Ahead: Week of April 12, 2021
- Michael Carcone Named AHL Player of Week
- Roadrunners Even Up Season Series With San Diego Gulls With Dominant 4-1 Victory Saturday Night
- Game #23 San Diego at Tucson
- Mike Carcone Nets Four Goals In High-Scoring Battle With Gulls