P-Bruins Fall To Wolf Pack 6-0
Providence, RI - The Providence Bruins fell to the Hartford Wolf Pack 6-0 Friday evening in front of 7,964 fans at the Dunkin' Donuts Center. The P-Bruins return home to the Dunkin' Donuts Center Saturday for New England Ambulance Keychain Night versus the Portland Pirates at 7:05 p.m.
The Wolf Pack took a 1-0 advantage at the 4:58 mark of the opening period, while shorthanded. Brodie Dupont netted his 17th goal of the season, with Artem Anisimov and Michael Sauer getting the assists. Hartford went ahead 2-0 at the 9:14 mark, while shorthanded. Mike Ouellette tallied his 13th goal of the season, with Jordan Owens recording the lone assist. Hartford went into the first intermission with a 2-0 lead.
After a scoreless second period the Wolf Pack took a 3-0 lead at the 3:36 mark of the third period. Anisimov scored his 34th goal of the season, while Dale Weise and Dupont had the assists. Hartford made it 4-0 at the 5:23 mark, while shorthanded. Ouellette netted his second goal of the game with Owens picking up the lone assist. The Wolf Pack went ahead 5-0 at the 11:38 mark. Anisimov grabbed his second goal of the game, while Vladimir Denisov and Weise had the assists. The Wolf Pack finished off the scoring at the 18:28 mark. Denisov tallied his fifth goal of the season, while Brock McBride and Owens recorded the assists. The Wolf Pack went onto the 6-0 victory.
Tuukka Rask stopped 18 of 23 shots and Kevin Nastiuk stopped two of three shots for the P-Bruins, while Matt Zaba made 24 saves for the Wolf Pack. The P-Bruins were 0-for-10 on the power play and 4-for-4 on the penalty kill.
Saturday Providence takes on the Portland Pirates for New England Ambulance Keychain Night at 7:05 p.m. Sunday is a Family Game versus the Manchester Monarchs at 4:05 p.m. Receive a ticket, hot dog and soda for one low price. Information on P-Bruins tickets can be obtained by calling the team ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or by logging onto the team website at providencebruins.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2009
- Admirals Sunk by Lake Erie - Milwaukee Admirals
- Houston falls 3-1 to Peoria Friday, could clinch playoffs Saturday - Houston Aeros
- Rivermen Seize Second Place With 3-1 Win Over Aeros - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Fall to Rockford in a Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose drop divisional battle to Marlies, 3-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Bentivoglio's tally 25 seconds into overtime gives Sound Tigers 4-3 victory over Hershey - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bulldogs ground Griffins with a 6-3 win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Greentree provides offense as Flames top Wolves - Abbotsford Heat
- Griffins fall late in 6-3 loss at Hamilton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hartford smacks P-Bruins,6-0 - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage roast Chops - San Antonio Rampage
- Bernier, First In Flight - Manchester Monarchs
- Sharks Edge Albany 3-2 - Albany River Rats
- Phantoms Sneak Past Admirals in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- Crawford shines in shootout - Rockford IceHogs
- Devils Lose Battle Versus Pirates, 3-1 - Albany Devils
- Phantoms Take Control Of Playoff Race With 3-2 Overtime Win In Norfolk - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sharks Edge Albany 3-2 - Albany River Rats
- Sharks Riley past Rats 3-2 - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Fall To Wolf Pack 6-0 - Providence Bruins
- Pirates Get 3-1 Victory Over Devils - Portland Pirates
- Sharks reassign forward Ryan Vesce to Worchester - Worcester Sharks
- Moose one of many to thank Flood Fighters with free tickets - Manitoba Moose
- Goaltender Anton Khudobin reassigned to Houston Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Teaming Up for a Great Cause - Cleveland Monsters
- Kings Ink Free Agent Mullen - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks To Honor Thomas M. Nichols Scholarship Winners April 5th - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Assigns Dan Jancevski To Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Host B-Sens Tonight - Rochester Americans
- Potter Sent to Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Host Boy Scout Night - San Antonio Rampage
- Boychuk Named AHL's Top Defenseman - Providence Bruins
- Providence's Johnny Boychuk wins AHL's Eddie Shore Award - AHL
- Admirals Team Up with Wisconsin State Fair - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Sign Staal to ATO - San Antonio Rampage
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Admirals Sign LW Brandon Buck to Tryout - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros visit Peoria tonight at 7 p.m. in battle for second place - Houston Aeros
- Blackhawks Assign Aliu To Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Recall Defencemen John Negrin And Matt Pelech From American Hockey League - Abbotsford Heat
- Stanley Cup Visit to Cap Off Griffins' Home Schedule - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Peter White Hall Of Fame Induction Higlights Big Night With Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Chops stay alive with big 5-3 win in Houston on Thursday - Iowa Chops
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Fall to Springfield Thunderbirds, 5-2
- P-Bruins Defeat Rochester Americans, 3-2, in Home Opener
- Bruins Assign Axel Andersson to QMJHL's Moncton Wildcats
- P-Bruins Top Hershey Bears in Overtime, 2-1
- P-Bruins Defeat Lehigh Valley Phantoms, 3-0, in Season Opener