P-Bruins Fall To Wolf Pack 6-0
Providence, RI - The Providence Bruins fell to the Hartford Wolf Pack 6-0 Friday evening in front of 7,964 fans at the Dunkin' Donuts Center. The P-Bruins return home to the Dunkin' Donuts Center Saturday for New England Ambulance Keychain Night versus the Portland Pirates at 7:05 p.m.
The Wolf Pack took a 1-0 advantage at the 4:58 mark of the opening period, while shorthanded. Brodie Dupont netted his 17th goal of the season, with Artem Anisimov and Michael Sauer getting the assists. Hartford went ahead 2-0 at the 9:14 mark, while shorthanded. Mike Ouellette tallied his 13th goal of the season, with Jordan Owens recording the lone assist. Hartford went into the first intermission with a 2-0 lead.
After a scoreless second period the Wolf Pack took a 3-0 lead at the 3:36 mark of the third period. Anisimov scored his 34th goal of the season, while Dale Weise and Dupont had the assists. Hartford made it 4-0 at the 5:23 mark, while shorthanded. Ouellette netted his second goal of the game with Owens picking up the lone assist. The Wolf Pack went ahead 5-0 at the 11:38 mark. Anisimov grabbed his second goal of the game, while Vladimir Denisov and Weise had the assists. The Wolf Pack finished off the scoring at the 18:28 mark. Denisov tallied his fifth goal of the season, while Brock McBride and Owens recorded the assists. The Wolf Pack went onto the 6-0 victory.
Tuukka Rask stopped 18 of 23 shots and Kevin Nastiuk stopped two of three shots for the P-Bruins, while Matt Zaba made 24 saves for the Wolf Pack. The P-Bruins were 0-for-10 on the power play and 4-for-4 on the penalty kill.
Saturday Providence takes on the Portland Pirates for New England Ambulance Keychain Night at 7:05 p.m. Sunday is a Family Game versus the Manchester Monarchs at 4:05 p.m. Receive a ticket, hot dog and soda for one low price. Information on P-Bruins tickets can be obtained by calling the team ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or by logging onto the team website at providencebruins.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2009
- Admirals Sunk by Lake Erie - Milwaukee Admirals
- Houston falls 3-1 to Peoria Friday, could clinch playoffs Saturday - Houston Aeros
- Rivermen Seize Second Place With 3-1 Win Over Aeros - Peoria Rivermen
- Crunch Fall to Rockford in a Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose drop divisional battle to Marlies, 3-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Bentivoglio's tally 25 seconds into overtime gives Sound Tigers 4-3 victory over Hershey - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bulldogs ground Griffins with a 6-3 win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Greentree provides offense as Flames top Wolves - Abbotsford Heat
- Griffins fall late in 6-3 loss at Hamilton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hartford smacks P-Bruins,6-0 - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage roast Chops - San Antonio Rampage
- Bernier, First In Flight - Manchester Monarchs
- Sharks Edge Albany 3-2 - Albany River Rats
- Phantoms Sneak Past Admirals in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- Crawford shines in shootout - Rockford IceHogs
- Devils Lose Battle Versus Pirates, 3-1 - Albany Devils
- Phantoms Take Control Of Playoff Race With 3-2 Overtime Win In Norfolk - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sharks Edge Albany 3-2 - Albany River Rats
- Sharks Riley past Rats 3-2 - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Fall To Wolf Pack 6-0 - Providence Bruins
- Pirates Get 3-1 Victory Over Devils - Portland Pirates
- Sharks reassign forward Ryan Vesce to Worchester - Worcester Sharks
- Moose one of many to thank Flood Fighters with free tickets - Manitoba Moose
- Goaltender Anton Khudobin reassigned to Houston Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Teaming Up for a Great Cause - Cleveland Monsters
- Kings Ink Free Agent Mullen - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks To Honor Thomas M. Nichols Scholarship Winners April 5th - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Assigns Dan Jancevski To Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Host B-Sens Tonight - Rochester Americans
- Potter Sent to Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Host Boy Scout Night - San Antonio Rampage
- Boychuk Named AHL's Top Defenseman - Providence Bruins
- Providence's Johnny Boychuk wins AHL's Eddie Shore Award - AHL
- Admirals Team Up with Wisconsin State Fair - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Sign Staal to ATO - San Antonio Rampage
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Admirals Sign LW Brandon Buck to Tryout - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros visit Peoria tonight at 7 p.m. in battle for second place - Houston Aeros
- Blackhawks Assign Aliu To Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Recall Defencemen John Negrin And Matt Pelech From American Hockey League - Abbotsford Heat
- Stanley Cup Visit to Cap Off Griffins' Home Schedule - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Peter White Hall Of Fame Induction Higlights Big Night With Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Chops stay alive with big 5-3 win in Houston on Thursday - Iowa Chops
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.