P-Bruins Fall to Laval Rocket, 3-2
LAVAL, QC. - The Providence Bruins comeback attempt fell just short on Friday night as they fell to the Laval Rocket, 3-2.
Ryan Fitzgerald, Trent Frederic and Alex Petrovic each recorded two points for the Bruins while Max Lagace made 27 saves on 30 shots. Providence outshot Laval 34-30.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
PROVIDENCE 1 1 0 2
LAVAL 2 0 1 3
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
-We started with poor execution and ended it with poor execution. Clearly we have some work to do.
-I thought that they did exactly what they wanted to do. They got in on the forecheck. They got in front of the net. We did not defend well enough and we did not manage the puck well enough to get into their end and do what we wanted to do. We'll be looking for an improvement tomorrow night.
-It was a tight game. I think one thing for us is just minimizing the little errors. Those are games that we would like to come out on top, but we'll learn from it and build on it. We'll be ready and prepared tomorrow. It's just like every other game - you've got to show up and work your tail off.
RYAN FITZGERALD - ONE GOAL, ONE ASSIST
- With a goal and an assist tonight, Petrovic has recorded three points (1G, 2A) in his last two games. He also led all skaters with seven shots on goal.
- Providence went 0-for-2 on the power play and 2-for-3 on the penalty kill.
- Fitzgerald, Frederic and Petrovic each recorded their first multi-point games of the season.
- Paul Carey recorded a game-high five shots on goal.
- The Bruins will travel to Belleville, Ontario to take on the Belleville Senators on Saturday, October 19 at CAA Arena. Puck drop is set for 7:00 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2019
- Iowa Continues Hot Start with 6-4 Win at Manitoba - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Gain Point in Shootout Loss to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Earn Point in Shoot-Out Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ryan Poehling's Game-Winning Goal Propels Rocket to 3-2 Win over Providence Bruins, Extends Win Streak to Three - Laval Rocket
- Rockford's Fast Start Stops Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins Fall to Laval Rocket, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Comets Crush Checkers to Stay Undefeated - Utica Comets
- Dries Registers 'Gordie Howe Hat Trick' in Eagles 3-2 Shootout Win - Colorado Eagles
- Andreoff and Frost Record 3-Point Nights in 4-1 Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Use Big Second to Beat Sens - Belleville Senators
- Bears Erupt for Five, Top Sens 5-1 - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Begin Weekend with 4-3 Shootout Win over Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Penalty Kill Stumbles in 4-1 Loss to Phantoms - Binghamton Devils
- Checkers Lose to Comets 8-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Driedger, T-Birds Edged out by Wolf Pack, 1-0 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- San Diego Gulls Name Sam Carrick Team Captain - San Diego Gulls
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with RPM Raceway for 2019-20 Season - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Host Three Home Games Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Announce Roster Moves - Rochester Americans
- Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Heat Start Road Swing at San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, October 18 vs. Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Flyers Loan Connor Bunnaman to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jets Reassign Nelson Nogier to Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Capitals Recall Travis Boyd and Martin Fehervary from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Bears, October 18 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Set Franchise Record with 12th Consecutive Win
- P-Bruins Tie Franchise Record, Beat Hershey Bears, 3-2, in Shootout
- P-Bruins Win 10th Straight Game, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-2
- P-Bruins Extend Win Streak to Nine Games, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 2-1, in Overtime
- P-Bruins Win Eighth Straight Game, Top Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-2