Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Bears, October 18
The Belleville Senators' five-game homestand rolls on tonight as they welcome the Hershey Bears to town for the first and only time this season.
The Senators (1-2-0-0) are coming off of its first win of the season last time out as they beat Binghamton in overtime. It's still early days on 2019-20 but the Senators sit in eighth place in the North Division but have also played the fewest games in the division. Belleville will be looking for more out of their power play as they are still scoreless on the man advantage in 11 opportunities.
Hershey is (2-2-1-0) early on this season and sit third in the Atlantic Division. The Bears' 16 goals this season are tied for most in the AHL but they've given up 14 goals, the third most in the Eastern Conference.
Defenceman Hubert Labrie, was who suspended for two games last weekend, is available again for Troy Mann.
Vitaly Abramov is back with Belleville while Nick Paul and Jordan Szwarz remain with Ottawa after some roster shuffling by the Senators earlier this week.
No official word but expect Marcus Hogberg to start in goal for the Senators.
In four previous match-ups, the Sens are 1-2-0-1 against Hershey. In their previous two visits to Belleville, Hershey have won both contests. Of course, the first win in Sens history came in Hershey back in their inaugural season.
Who to watch
Sens forward Drake Batherson had the overtime winner against the Devils last Saturday to go along with four assists for a five-point night. Batherson's 67 career points with Belleville are the third most in Senators history.
Erik Burgdoerfer, who captained the Senators last season, makes his return to Belleville after signing with the Bears in the offseason. Burgdoerfer played 130 games for the Sens, the second most in team history. He has two assists in five games this season.
Where to watch
Friday's game starts at 7pm and can be seen LIVE on AHLTV. Follow the Belleville Sens on twitter for live updates.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 6:50pm with Jack Miller on the call and David Foot on colour.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2019
- Iowa Continues Hot Start with 6-4 Win at Manitoba - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Gain Point in Shootout Loss to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Earn Point in Shoot-Out Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ryan Poehling's Game-Winning Goal Propels Rocket to 3-2 Win over Providence Bruins, Extends Win Streak to Three - Laval Rocket
- Rockford's Fast Start Stops Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins Fall to Laval Rocket, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Comets Crush Checkers to Stay Undefeated - Utica Comets
- Dries Registers 'Gordie Howe Hat Trick' in Eagles 3-2 Shootout Win - Colorado Eagles
- Andreoff and Frost Record 3-Point Nights in 4-1 Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Use Big Second to Beat Sens - Belleville Senators
- Bears Erupt for Five, Top Sens 5-1 - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Begin Weekend with 4-3 Shootout Win over Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Penalty Kill Stumbles in 4-1 Loss to Phantoms - Binghamton Devils
- Checkers Lose to Comets 8-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Driedger, T-Birds Edged out by Wolf Pack, 1-0 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- San Diego Gulls Name Sam Carrick Team Captain - San Diego Gulls
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with RPM Raceway for 2019-20 Season - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Host Three Home Games Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Announce Roster Moves - Rochester Americans
- Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Heat Start Road Swing at San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, October 18 vs. Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Flyers Loan Connor Bunnaman to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jets Reassign Nelson Nogier to Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Capitals Recall Travis Boyd and Martin Fehervary from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Bears, October 18 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- JC Beaudin Reassigned to Belleville
- Sens Score a Touchdown on Cleveland
- Daccord Reassigned to Beast
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, December 7
- Sens Taken Down by Monsters