Heat Start Road Swing at San Diego
Friday, October 18, 2019
Arena: Pechanga Arena San Diego | San Diego, California
Date: Friday, Oct. 18
Time: 7:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch tonight's game on AHLTV or hear Stockton's radio call on Spreaker and iHeartRadio. Fans in the Stockton area can also listen to tonight's action on Fox Sports Radio 1280 AM. The game is also the AHLTV Game of the Week, streamable on Facebook.
Join The Conversation: For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter. Join the conversation by replying to our updates or using the hashtag #STKvsSD.
Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game Puck: Stay tuned on Twitter following the game for a chance to enter to win a puck signed by Zac Rinaldo with our Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game selection!
The Stockton Heat look to bounce back from the team's first loss of the 2019-20 season, a 6-2 setback against Bakersfield Tuesday night. The top team in the Pacific Division will face off against the San Diego Gulls for the second time on the young campaign, the Heat winning the teams' previous contest by a 5-3 final score at Stockton Arena on Saturday.
Tonight's game is the first of a two-game road swing through the Golden State, taking on the Gulls Friday before a rematch with Bakersfield on Saturday.
ON FIRE AGAINST THE GULLS
Stockton has dominated the San Diego Gulls, owning the all-time series 24-12-0-3. The Heat, which went 5-3 over the Gulls in the 2018-19 season, boast an all-time mark of 10-7-0-2 at Pechanga Arena.
POTENT PENALTY KILL
The Heat rank eighth in the AHL with a 91.7-percent success rate on the penalty kill in road games, allowing just one goal on 12 shorthanded attempts. Stockton also scored a shorthanded goal in one of its two road contests thus far this season, meaning the club has played to a stalemate while down a man away from Stockton Arena.
FIRST IS THE WORST, SECOND IS THE BEST
The Heat have dominated the second period so far this year, owning a 6-0 score differential through four games during the second 20 minutes. The Heat's worst period is the first, in which the team is a minus-two on the young campaign. San Diego's worst period thus far this year is also the first, the Gulls being outscored 6-1 through three games.
Stockton has filled the net with 16 goals in four games, a 4.00 goals-per-game average for third in the AHL. On the flip side, San Diego is tied for 30th with just 1.67. The Gulls also have the highest goals-against per game in the league, tied with Colorado and Chicago at 4.00 while Stockton has conceded an average of 3.25 per contest.
FIN FINDING FINISHES
Eetu Tuulola has lit the lamp in back-to-back games, registering the game-winner in Stockton's earlier meeting with San Diego and scoring in the Heat's setback against Bakersfield. The rookie has three points in Stockton's last two games (2g,1a) and is two points off the league lead in scoring among rookies.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2019
- Iowa Continues Hot Start with 6-4 Win at Manitoba - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Gain Point in Shootout Loss to Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Earn Point in Shoot-Out Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ryan Poehling's Game-Winning Goal Propels Rocket to 3-2 Win over Providence Bruins, Extends Win Streak to Three - Laval Rocket
- Rockford's Fast Start Stops Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins Fall to Laval Rocket, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Comets Crush Checkers to Stay Undefeated - Utica Comets
- Dries Registers 'Gordie Howe Hat Trick' in Eagles 3-2 Shootout Win - Colorado Eagles
- Andreoff and Frost Record 3-Point Nights in 4-1 Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Use Big Second to Beat Sens - Belleville Senators
- Bears Erupt for Five, Top Sens 5-1 - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Begin Weekend with 4-3 Shootout Win over Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Penalty Kill Stumbles in 4-1 Loss to Phantoms - Binghamton Devils
- Checkers Lose to Comets 8-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Driedger, T-Birds Edged out by Wolf Pack, 1-0 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- San Diego Gulls Name Sam Carrick Team Captain - San Diego Gulls
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with RPM Raceway for 2019-20 Season - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Host Three Home Games Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Announce Roster Moves - Rochester Americans
- Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Heat Start Road Swing at San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, October 18 vs. Cleveland Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Flyers Loan Connor Bunnaman to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Jets Reassign Nelson Nogier to Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Capitals Recall Travis Boyd and Martin Fehervary from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Bears, October 18 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.