P-Bruins Complete Weekend Sweep, Beat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Brendan Gaunce scored the game-winning goal and Max Lagace made 27 saves as the Providence Bruins defeated the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2, on Monday afternoon. The victory marks the third consecutive win for Providence.
Cameron Hughes and Ryan Fitzgerald also scored in the victory, while the Providence penalty kill went five-for-five.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
BRIDGEPORT 0 2 0 2
PROVIDENCE 1 2 0 3
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"There's not much better than a six point weekend. As a coach, you enjoy these weekends. They don't happen too often, so it always feels nice to get six points. We had a really tough week and put the work in, which was good. I think we were unhappy with the weekend we had before, so the guys recognized that and went to work this week. It certainly wasn't perfect, but we got timely goaltending and timely scoring. We filled the time in between with some good play and it was good."
MAX LAGACE - 27 SAVES
"It was a pretty good game. Obviously when they scored their two goals, they were coming pretty quick. I knew I had to focus and get us back in the game after that.
"Then in the third period I thought we played pretty well. The guys played really well the whole game and gave me the help I needed. It was a nice team win and a really great weekend."
- Brendan Gaunce scored a goal for the third consecutive game. He has recorded a point in four straight games and has 27 points (14G, 13A) on the season.
- Max Lagace recorded 27 saves and also collected his second assist of the season.
- Oskar Steen collected two assists for the second time in the last three games.
- Jack Studnicka recorded an assist for the second straight game and extended his point streak to three games (1G, 2A).
- Ryan Fitzgerald scored a goal for the second consecutive game and extended his point streak to three games (2G, 1A).
- The P-Bruins will remain home in Providence, Rhode Island and take on the Springfield Thunderbirds on Saturday, February 22 at Dunkin' Donuts Center. Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 17, 2020
- Senators Reassign Gendron to Reading - Belleville Senators
- Late Rally Earns Gulls a Point - San Diego Gulls
- Manitoba Downed by Milwaukee, 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Hamilton Nets OT Winner as Stockton Tops San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Bridgeport's four-game unbeaten in regulation streak ends on Monday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Comeback Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- P-Bruins Complete Weekend Sweep, Beat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Devils Stay Hot In 5-2 Win Over Marlies - Binghamton Devils
- Sens Beat Crunch on Family Day - Belleville Senators
- Admirals Fend off Moose - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Downed by Senators, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Wild Reassigns Three to Allen - Iowa Wild
- Flames Recall Glenn Gawdin; Place Derek Ryan on IR - Stockton Heat
- Dryden Hunt Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Springfield's Dryden Hunt Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Dallas Stars Reassign Left Wing Jason Robertson to Texas - Texas Stars
- Heat Host Gulls in Monday Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Sabres Ink Taylor Leier to One-Year NHL Contract - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Defend the Ice Night Jersey Auction Open for Bidding Now Through February 27 - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 17-23 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Family Day Duel with the Devils - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks, Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network Partner Again for Donate Life Night - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Crunch, February 17 - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Weekly: February 17, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Game 49 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Snap Skid with 5-2 Win at Condors - San Jose Barracuda
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Set Franchise Record with 12th Consecutive Win
- P-Bruins Tie Franchise Record, Beat Hershey Bears, 3-2, in Shootout
- P-Bruins Win 10th Straight Game, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-2
- P-Bruins Extend Win Streak to Nine Games, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 2-1, in Overtime
- P-Bruins Win Eighth Straight Game, Top Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-2