Nashville Nips Omaha 4-3
Storm Chasers second baseman Chase d'Arnaud smashed a game-high three hits, however Sounds catcher Tim Federowicz broke a late-inning tie with an eighth inning solo home run in Nashville's 4-3 win over Omaha on Saturday evening at First Tennessee Park.
Sounds DH Matt Davidson started the scoring with an RBI single, before Nashville doubled their advantage by plating a run on a double play. After Storm Chasers 1B Erich Weiss' run-scoring double in the fourth cut the deficit back to one, d'Arnaud later dropped a single into right two innings later to even the contest.
The Sounds would later score on a forceout in the sixth to take a 3-2 lead prior to Omaha 3B Kelvin Gutierrez's game-tying RBI double in the eighth. That draw would be short-lived, though, as Federowicz crushed his blast to left in the last of the eighth for Nashville's third and final lead of the evening.
SS Jecksson Flores (2-5) joined d'Arnaud (3-4, R, RBI) and Gutierrez in posting multi-hit efforts for the Storm Chasers. Davidson (2-4, RBI) and 2B Nick Solak (2-4, 2 R, BB), meanwhile, each tallied two knocks for the Sounds.
Neither Nashville starter Seth Maness (6.0 IP, 10 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K) nor Omaha southpaw Foster Griffin (5.0 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 2 K) factored in the final decisions. Sounds reliever Locke St. John (1.0 IP, H, R, ER, BB, K) earned the victory and Reed Garrett (1.0 IP, 2 BB) notched his second save, while Storm Chasers lefty Gabe Speier (1.0 IP, H, R, ER, 2 K) suffered the defeat.
The two teams are set to complete their four-game series in Nashville on Sunday evening, with first pitch scheduled for 6:05pm CT.
Omaha returns to Werner Park to wrap up the 2019 season with a seven-game homestand from August 26 through September 2, hosting Nashville and the Round Rock Express. First pitch of the series opener on Monday, August 26 is set for 7:05pm CT.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 18, 2019
- Dodgers Hang On During Wild Ride in Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Homers Doom Round Rock in 14-11 Loss to Oklahoma City - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Nips Omaha 4-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Skoglund Silences Sounds, Chasers Win 7-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Fails to Sweep Omaha in Sunday's Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Take Bite out of Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Brugman Homers Twice, Tacoma Sweeps Fresno in Four-Game Series - Tacoma Rainiers
- Rainiers sweep Grizzlies 9-7 despite clouts from Taylor and Ward - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces Drop Series Finale against Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Local names lead River Cats to victory in finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Keep Bees at Bay - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees, Chihuahuas Split Series - Salt Lake Bees
- Redbirds Rout First-Place Iowa in Game, Series - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Sweeps Iowa with Decisive Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (56-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-72) - Nashville Sounds
- Taking Flight with â?¦ Skye Bolt - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 18, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (58-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-58) - Memphis Redbirds
- Blistering Rainiers Offense Leads to Third-Straight Victory against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ending An Eight-Game Skid - San Antonio Missions
- Aces Bats Catch Fire in Comeback Victory over River Cats - Reno Aces
- Davis adds two more dingers but bullpen and defense faulter late - Sacramento River Cats
- Aviators Hold off Isotopes for 6-5 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Fresno tripped up by Tacoma on Saturday - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- "Why I Want to Go to College" Writing Contest Winners Announced
- Chasers Charities Announces Robinson Scholarship Winners
- Drive-In Fireworks Return to Werner Park on May 9
- Storm Chasers Join MiLB CommUNITY First Campaign
- Werner Park to be Ready for Opening Night