Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (56-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-72)
Game #123: Nashville Sounds (56-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-72)
Pitching Matchup: LHP Wes Benjamin (6-5, 6.01) vs. LHP Eric Skoglund (1-4, 6.59)
First Pitch: 6:15 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 5:15 p.m.
Guitar Scoreboard Replica Picture Frame Giveaway to the first 2,000 fans presented by First Tennessee.
Middle Tennessee Hyundai Dealers pre-game autograph session with select Sounds players from 5:15 to 5:30 p.m.
Postgame Kids (12 & under) Run the Bases presented by First Tennessee.
From the Notes
Wes Benjamin: 26-year-old Wes Benjamin starts for the Sounds tonight. The left-hander is making his 24th appearance (22nd start) of the season and is 6-5 with a 6.01 ERA while covering 112.1 innings. Benjamin has yielded 131 hits and 48 walks to go with 95 strikeouts. Benjamin last pitched on August 10 in Sacramento and went a season-high 7.0 innings. He limited the River Cats to 3 runs on 5 hits in his 6th win of the year. Benjamin spent the majority of his 2018 season with Double-A Frisco where he went 5-6 with a 3.62 ERA in 15 starts. The southpaw spent nearly two months on the disabled list from June 7-July 31 with a left elbow strain. Despite missing time, Benjamin led the Frisco staff in wins and ranked among team leaders in strikeouts (3rd), starts (T3rd) and innings (4th). In his minor league career, Benjamin is 27-23 with a 4.32 ERA while covering 85 games (80 starts). The Rangers drafted the Illinois native in the 5th round of the 2014 MLB Draft out of Kansas University.
I Got Five on It: The Sounds have matched their season-high winning streak of five games. The team won five straight from June 24-28 when they closed a series with a win at New Orleans then swept Memphis in four games. The five-game streak came to a halt with a 10-7 loss against Oklahoma City on June 29. Overall, the Sounds have won nine of their last 10 games.
How Sweep It Is: Nashville can secure their third series sweep of the season with a win tonight. They have one three-game sweep and one four-game sweep in 2019. The three-game set was in Fresno from August 7-9 and the four-game set was in Memphis from June 25-28. The last sweep for the Sounds at First Tennessee Park was against Sacramento from August 4-7 in 2018.
It's Something About August: During the First Tennessee Park era (2015-present), the Sounds have an overall record of 79-52 in the month of August, including 11-4 this year. They went 18-11 in 2018, 13-14 in 2017, 21-9 in 2016 and 16-14 in 2015.
It's All About the Benjamin: Tonight's starter Wes Benjamin has won five consecutive decisions. Since June 15, the southpaw is 5-0 with a 4.72 ERA (55.1 IP/29 ER) in 10 games (9 starts). He has allowed 58 hits to go along with 49 strikeouts. Prior to June 15, Benjamin was 1-5 with a 7.26 ERA (57.0 IP/46 ER) in 13 games (12 starts). He allowed 73 hits in that timeframe and had 46 strikeouts.
Solak is Streaking at 17: Infielder Nick Solak has hit safely in 17 straight games, the longest active streak in the Pacific Coast League, and the longest by a Nashville Sounds player in 2019. Since July 30 when the streak started, Solak is hitting .420 (29-for-69) with 15 runs scored, 4 doubles, 6 home runs, 18 RBI and 4 walks. The last Sound to put together a hitting streak of at least 17 games was Logan Schafer in 2014. The 17-game streak by Solak is tied for the 7th-longest by a Sounds player in the PCL era (1998-present).
What's the word around Nashville?
John Blake (@RangerBlake)
Rangers rotation vs. LAA: Monday-Kolby Allard; Tuesday Game 1-Brock Burke; Tuesday Game 2-Joe Palumbo; Wednesday-Mike Minor
Jeff Hem (@JeffHemPBP)
Congrats to recent @nashvillesounds Miguel Del Pozo on his first-ever MLB call-up! He was just traded to the Angels on 8/9.
Minor League Promos (@MiLBPromos)
What an awesome giveaway! Today the @nashvillesounds will be giving Guiter Scoreboard picture frames!
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 18, 2019
- Dodgers Hang On During Wild Ride in Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Homers Doom Round Rock in 14-11 Loss to Oklahoma City - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Nips Omaha 4-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Skoglund Silences Sounds, Chasers Win 7-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Fails to Sweep Omaha in Sunday's Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Take Bite out of Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Brugman Homers Twice, Tacoma Sweeps Fresno in Four-Game Series - Tacoma Rainiers
- Rainiers sweep Grizzlies 9-7 despite clouts from Taylor and Ward - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces Drop Series Finale against Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Local names lead River Cats to victory in finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Keep Bees at Bay - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees, Chihuahuas Split Series - Salt Lake Bees
- Redbirds Rout First-Place Iowa in Game, Series - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Sweeps Iowa with Decisive Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (56-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-72) - Nashville Sounds
- Taking Flight with â?¦ Skye Bolt - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 18, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (58-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-58) - Memphis Redbirds
- Blistering Rainiers Offense Leads to Third-Straight Victory against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ending An Eight-Game Skid - San Antonio Missions
- Aces Bats Catch Fire in Comeback Victory over River Cats - Reno Aces
- Davis adds two more dingers but bullpen and defense faulter late - Sacramento River Cats
- Aviators Hold off Isotopes for 6-5 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Fresno tripped up by Tacoma on Saturday - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds' 2021 Holiday Bundle on Sale Now
- Nashville Sounds Announce Game Times for 2022 Home Schedule
- Bacon Eggs & Kegs Event at First Horizon Park Postponed
- Luke Barker Named to Triple-A East All-Star Team
- Pablo Reyes' Grand Slam Leads Sounds over Indians