Fresno tripped up by Tacoma on Saturday
Tacoma, Washington - The Tacoma Rainiers (56-68) knocked off the Fresno Grizzlies (55-69) 11-1 from Cheney Stadium Saturday evening. Tacoma's offense sprayed 16 hits and plated a run in six of their eight innings. A four-run frame in the sixth highlighted the Rainiers night. Lefty Sean Nolin (5-2) was tagged with the win after five-plus innings of work. He fanned five.
Daniel Castro headlined the Tacoma lineup with his first four-hit game of the season. Castro smacked a solo shot in the fourth, concluding the contest with three RBI. Jaycob Brugman spanked a pair of doubles, driving in three and scoring thrice. Joseph Odom provided four hits as well, pushing in one with a single.
Brandon Snyder recorded the only Grizzlies run with a homer in the second. Snyder leads the club with 28 dingers, one ahead of Yadiel Hernandez. Hernandez extended his hit streak to 10 affairs after a late single. He is the seventh Fresno player this year to achieve the feat. Starter Wil Crowe (0-3) took the loss.
Top Performers: Fresno Grizzlies (Washington Nationals)
- 2B Brandon Snyder (1-4, HR, RBI, R)
- RF Yadiel Hernandez (1-4)
- C Taylor Gushue (1-4)
Top Performers: Tacoma Rainiers (Seattle Mariners)
- 2B Daniel Castro (4-5, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R)
- RF Jaycob Brugman (2-5, 2 2B, 3 RBI, 3 R)
- C Joseph Odom (4-5, 2B, RBI, R)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) RADIO/TV
Sunday August 18 Tacoma Rainiers (Away) RHP J.J. Hoover (Fresno) vs. RHP Nabil Crismatt (Tacoma) 1:35 p.m. KRDU 1130 AM / MiLB.TV
ON THAT FRES-NOTE: The Grizzlies have been swept three times this season and will look to avoid the brooms tomorrow night. Fresno is 12-6 on Sundays with a 7-2 mark on the road. They are also 15-12 in day games with a 7-6 record away from Chukchansi Park.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 18, 2019
- Dodgers Hang On During Wild Ride in Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Homers Doom Round Rock in 14-11 Loss to Oklahoma City - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Nips Omaha 4-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Skoglund Silences Sounds, Chasers Win 7-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Fails to Sweep Omaha in Sunday's Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Take Bite out of Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Brugman Homers Twice, Tacoma Sweeps Fresno in Four-Game Series - Tacoma Rainiers
- Rainiers sweep Grizzlies 9-7 despite clouts from Taylor and Ward - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces Drop Series Finale against Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Local names lead River Cats to victory in finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Keep Bees at Bay - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees, Chihuahuas Split Series - Salt Lake Bees
- Redbirds Rout First-Place Iowa in Game, Series - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Sweeps Iowa with Decisive Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (56-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-72) - Nashville Sounds
- Taking Flight with â?¦ Skye Bolt - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 18, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (58-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-58) - Memphis Redbirds
- Blistering Rainiers Offense Leads to Third-Straight Victory against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ending An Eight-Game Skid - San Antonio Missions
- Aces Bats Catch Fire in Comeback Victory over River Cats - Reno Aces
- Davis adds two more dingers but bullpen and defense faulter late - Sacramento River Cats
- Aviators Hold off Isotopes for 6-5 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Fresno tripped up by Tacoma on Saturday - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Fresno's Wilmer Difo Named PCL Player of the Week
- Fresno Grizzlies End Season on Six-Game Win Streak
- Grizz roar to fifth straight victory thanks to Difo's walk-off double
- Ward and Grizzlies claw past Isotopes 4-2 Saturday
- Sellout Crowd Watches Grizz Beat ABQ 6-5