Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes
San Antonio Missions (73-51) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (67-55)
Game #125/Home Game #66
Sunday, August 18, 6:05 p.m.
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Bubba Derby (5-7, 5.05) vs. RHP Cody Poteet (2-1, 4.53)
Lucky Number 13: Last night's game was tied for the most innings the Missions have played this season. They also played a 13-inning game against Omaha on June 23. Like last night, the Missions were victorious in that 13-inning marathon as well. Jay Jackson was also the winning pitcher in both 13-inning games.
Austin's Big Night: After being signed by Milwaukee last week, infielder Tyler Austin made his Missions debut Friday night in a seventh inning pinch hit at-bat. Last night was Austin's first start with the Missions and he certainly made the most of it. He went 3-for-5, scoring twice, and collecting a ground-rule double. It was his first multi-hit game since May 9 when he collected two hits for the San Francisco Giants. It was his first three-hit game since August 18, 2018 when he was a member of the Minnesota Twins.
Magic Number Six: Last night's starter Thomas Jankins pitched his ninth quality start of the season as he allowed three earned runs over six innings pitched. The Missions improved to a 22-4 record when their starting pitchers last for at least six innings and they are a perfect 3-0 when their starters last for at least seven innings.
League Leading Streaks: David Freitas and Troy Stokes Jr. currently find themselves in the top 10 longest active on-base streaks in the Pacific Coast League. Stokes Jr. (15) currently has the seventh longest active on-base streak dating back to July 31. As far as longest streaks of the season, Stokes Jr. is tied for the 14th longest streak. Freitas, on the other hand, currently holds the second longest active on-base streak at 27 games dating back to July 6. He is two games behind Salt Lake's Jared Walsh. Tacoma's J.P. Crawford had a 31 game on-base streak carried over from last season and ended on May 7.
*WHAT THEY'RE SAYING*
San Antonio Missions Baseball Club (@missionsmilb)
Don't miss the chance to get autographs from select Missions players on the concourse tonight from 5:00-5:15 PM! #FunsOnTap
Louisville Baseball (@LouisvilleBSB)
Louisville Baseball Pro Ball Daily Leaders (August 17th) @FutureIs_Bright (@missionsmilb) @aduvall123 (@Braves) @devinmann444 (AZL Dodgers) @D_Hairston (@CarolinaMudcats) #L1C4 | #ProCards
Milwaukee Brewers (@Brewers)
RHP Jay Jackson and RHP Aaron Wilkerson have been recalled from Triple-A San Antonio. RHP Ray Black and RHP Freddy Peralta have been optioned there.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 18, 2019
- Dodgers Hang On During Wild Ride in Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Homers Doom Round Rock in 14-11 Loss to Oklahoma City - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Nips Omaha 4-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Skoglund Silences Sounds, Chasers Win 7-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Nashville Fails to Sweep Omaha in Sunday's Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Take Bite out of Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Brugman Homers Twice, Tacoma Sweeps Fresno in Four-Game Series - Tacoma Rainiers
- Rainiers sweep Grizzlies 9-7 despite clouts from Taylor and Ward - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces Drop Series Finale against Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Local names lead River Cats to victory in finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Keep Bees at Bay - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees, Chihuahuas Split Series - Salt Lake Bees
- Redbirds Rout First-Place Iowa in Game, Series - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Sweeps Iowa with Decisive Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (56-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-72) - Nashville Sounds
- Taking Flight with â?¦ Skye Bolt - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 18, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (58-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-58) - Memphis Redbirds
- Blistering Rainiers Offense Leads to Third-Straight Victory against Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ending An Eight-Game Skid - San Antonio Missions
- Aces Bats Catch Fire in Comeback Victory over River Cats - Reno Aces
- Davis adds two more dingers but bullpen and defense faulter late - Sacramento River Cats
- Aviators Hold off Isotopes for 6-5 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Fresno tripped up by Tacoma on Saturday - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign
- Missions to Re-Air 2019 Home Opener as Part of #MiLBAtHomeOpener Initiative